Notices

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Wow, what a difference a night sleep makes! Voila, Shadow Warrior.
Thanks for the efforts!
I'm still pretty newb for command line entries, any chance of 'an installable' at a future point, of the shareware version?

Keep on the good work!
I'll try it when I got my N800.
How about porting Serious Sam? I am afraid that it will be quite dificult ...

Wow, another excellent port:-)

One thing I noticed so far:
Pressing the menu key (N810) starts the SW sound options dialog,
but I wasn't able to get out of this dialog again.
At least the escape button didn't work.

Any hints?

BTW: I have the full retail version, which was available here for a very short period only...

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
@tsvest: Sorry, but there is no way you'll ever see Serious Sam on hardware with the performance of the N800/N810. The requirements are at least 1 or 2 orders of magnitude off.

-John

Made menus work better, updated config, fixed aiming, added ability to save, but game crashes if you try to load them I'm still investigating it, but it should work quite nicely otherwise. Get it from the first post. Remember to delete old sw.cfg before updating.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Johnx View Post
@tsvest: Sorry, but there is no way you'll ever see Serious Sam on hardware with the performance of the N800/N810. The requirements are at least 1 or 2 orders of magnitude off.

-John
That's what I was afraid of.
Anyway there are several more good games from that time (and some of them use the same game engine called BUILD, which will make it easier to port them). So far, thanks to ukki, there are Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior ported. The others I had good time with are:

- Blood
- Hexen
- Heretic
- Chasm

There might be even more, but my CDs are deeply packed in some boxes... Maybe I'll need to dig them out soon

Come on ukki

Haha, I'd be happy to get Shadow Warrior fixed, but that's it for me for now. I think the way to go with these would be trying to port JonoF's (http://jonof.id.au/index.php?p=build.games) engine to tablets, properly package the libraries and then port the games. The ones I used were pretty ugly and Shadow Warrior seems to be too unfinished for a proper port. Also my winter vacation is over so don't expect new games in the near future. And I don't think we need anymore first person shooters as they are pretty terrible on the tablet controls wise. I'd like to see a car game though, but I really haven't found a decent canditate.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
According to Wikikpedia, the only games based on the Build engine besides Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior with source code released are Witchaven, Witchaven II, Tekwar and Corridor 8. So I don't think we'll see Blood which is unfortunate since I loved that game.

Originally Posted by ukki View Post
Also my winter vacation is over so don't expect new games in the near future.
Damn! The well has run dry. I was hoping for a port of Rise of the Triad since that source is available too! Seriously though, ukki you've done a fantastic job on porting these games in such a short time. It's much appreciated.

And I don't think we need anymore first person shooters as they are pretty terrible on the tablet controls wise. I'd like to see a car game though, but I really haven't found a decent canditate.
A car game would be cool. OMG I better look quick before your vacation ends!

For some reason I can't get Jump or Crouch to work in this game. I assume the keys across the top of the N800 are "-" = F8, "FullScreen" = F6, and "+" = F7. I've tried setting Jump equal to any of these keys and it doesn't work, while Next_Weapon does. Is there something in the config file I'm missing?