How exactly does this program work? I see that it integrates into the conversations portion of the N900 but...

does it actually load up a contact list like in traditional MSN and will my chats be combined with my sms/txt ?

one thing i dont get about the conversations "app" is, are all my conversations with someone ie, Gtalk, Skype AND SMS all combined into one thread? thanks

thanks guys, i double posted in apps because dont know where this should go

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
You tell it to pull your contacts in and they appear in with your normal phone contacts. Then, you can set about merging them together which is pretty simple (hold finger over contact, press merge, choose which to merge it into).

How this copes with adding/removing contacts on MSN I do not know, I suspect it will not keep up-to-date and you will have to remember to add them to your N900 contacts. I can't really see any other way to handle it to be honest.

ohhh thats sorta annoying : /
ill have so many contacts on my phone then urgh...

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by archzai View Post
ohhh thats sorta annoying : /
ill have so many contacts on my phone then urgh...
Having the contacts combined is a very good thing. Just pick the person you want to communicate with, and then pick the most convenient way to do the communications with: SMS, Skype, XMPP, MSN, ...

Besides, the contacts are automatically grouped based on the different Telepathy providers, so you can easily see only MSN or only GTalk contacts.

The Following User Says Thank You to bergie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bergie View Post
Having the contacts combined is a very good thing. Just pick the person you want to communicate with, and then pick the most convenient way to do the communications with: SMS, Skype, XMPP, MSN, ...

Besides, the contacts are automatically grouped based on the different Telepathy providers, so you can easily see only MSN or only GTalk contacts.
oh nono trust me, merging contacts is cool, and I love that functionality for this phone.

oh, so everything is automatically grouped? cool, thats exactly what i was going to ask next.

btw though, lets say I use skype, gchat and msn to chat with a friend, will all my chats with them be combined into one chat thread or will i be able to separate them? Just because sometimes I might be talking about different things via different media.

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by archzai View Post
btw though, lets say I use skype, gchat and msn to chat with a friend, will all my chats with them be combined into one chat thread or will i be able to separate them? Just because sometimes I might be talking about different things via different media.
Each transport is considered a different chat. They happen in separate windows and appear as separate entries in the Conversations history.

The Following User Says Thank You to bergie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ France
Hello,

How I may start a msn multi-chat (chat room) on N900 ?