Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Can somebody share his experiences with nav4all with me. I heard many things about nav4all. Is it really free till august? Is the software fast and easy to use?

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
NAVTEC (100% nokia subsidiary) shut down for nav4all

http://www.nav4all.com/site2/www.nav...nguk/index.php

What for? So map data was for free anyway so now that Ovi Maps goes "free" they dont want others to keep their market shares?

Was a good program to answer a 3 year old question

Last edited by chemist; 2010-02-02 at 12:12.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Was a great programm, but unavailable for N900. I used it with my 9300i and the N73 without problems.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
Where do you get this idea that it was free to Nokia? It makes no business sense for Navteq even if it's 100% Nokia owned to give them the data for free. They need to show a profit on their books. So they licensed it to them. Probably at a reduced rate but still there was cost.

I know we charge our parent company for using software that we host and maintain. It's plain business sense. It takes our time, effort and resources to maintain.
zsh|xmms2|fcron|gtar|gcoreutils

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
"They are free for users anyway" was what I wanted to tell, for any nokia device you can even download them.
Nav4All would be a good partner for doing maemo maps stuff but Nokia wants to push ovi maps not even available in full beauty for nxx0 devices.
I guess this wasnt a navteq but a nokia decision.