Active Topics

@dk_frost_dk

Thanks, really appreciate what you're doing,
i wish i could donate but i can't do online payment

So basically it's impossible to get bigger capacity without sacrificing the size?
Because i don't think mugen allows buying backcover separately do they?

The Following User Says Thank You to deny_winarto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by deny_winarto View Post
@dk_frost_dk

Thanks, really appreciate what you're doing,
i wish i could donate but i can't do online payment

So basically it's impossible to get bigger capacity without sacrificing the size?
Because i don't think mugen allows buying backcover separately do they?
yes they do. i just orderd one more.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
yes they do. i just orderd one more.
That's great, guess i'm gonna get one, maybe they didn't know 2 Japods is better than 1 Mugen lol

oh btw, the steps to mod 2 japods is the same as your other mod right? Do you mind upload the japod pics and explain how you do the mods in page 1? thanks

Last edited by deny_winarto; 2011-01-01 at 13:24.

It could also be the charger unable to supply enough power, but you'll figure that out once you get a external charger and a full battery.

Is it glowing/pulsating orange or bright steady orange btw?

Originally Posted by deny_winarto View Post
That's great, guess i'm gonna get one, maybe they didn't know 2 Japods is better than 1 Mugen lol

oh btw, the steps to mod 2 japods is the same as your other mod right? Do you mind upload the japod pics and explain how you do the mods in page 1? thanks
Yes i have some time again now a days to do things so ill try to get the pics up and a guide.
But yes it's the same procedure as mod 2 (2x 'christgift').

quick guide
Strip the battery's down, be careful when removing the top cover (connector on the battery), small shorts can accrue when doing this but as long as it is only for a second it will not damage the battery.
when both battery's are bare (don't need to remove the sticker/cover) put them against each other and tape them together.
Now comes the part where the soldering begins:
Take some wire and solder a long piece (5cm/2inch) this will be used to connect the + to + & - to - between the 2 battery's.
Make sure you make it as flush as possible as space is not in big supply in the battery space in the phone, USE CAUTION when handling the - on the battery's, solder only long enough to make the connection or you will ruin the battery, and also don't short it to the metal frame of the battery's since this is +.
In my dual japod config i used the connector from the very cheap battery from DX since it is very hard to take apart the japod connector.
To connect the connector to the new dual battery is pretty easy just solder wires to where the battery wires normally go. (or use B+ & B- markings)
I cut down over where i soldered the wires in the connector so that the wires took as up as little space as possible.
The bottom of the battery's has a thick plastic piece that helps to isolate the metal of the battery (witch is +) from the metal of the phone (witch is -), if space is very tight you can remove them and substitute with paper or tape.

Look to the pictures at post #2 for more help.
i hope this helps else please post and i will try to make it more simple or get more details on here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Yes i have some time again now a days to do things so ill try to get the pics up and a guide.
But yes it's the same procedure as mod 2 (2x 'christgift').

quick guide
Strip the battery's down, be careful when removing the top cover (connector on the battery), small shorts can accrue when doing this but as long as it is only for a second it will not damage the battery.
when both battery's are bare (don't need to remove the sticker/cover) put them against each other and tape them together.
Now comes the part where the soldering begins:
Take some wire and solder a long piece (5cm/2inch) this will be used to connect the + to + & - to - between the 2 battery's.
Make sure you make it as flush as possible as space is not in big supply in the battery space in the phone, USE CAUTION when handling the - on the battery's, solder only long enough to make the connection or you will ruin the battery, and also don't short it to the metal frame of the battery's since this is +.
In my dual japod config i used the connector from the very cheap battery from DX since it is very hard to take apart the japod connector.
To connect the connector to the new dual battery is pretty easy just solder wires to where the battery wires normally go. (or use B+ & B- markings)
I cut down over where i soldered the wires in the connector so that the wires took as up as little space as possible.
The bottom of the battery's has a thick plastic piece that helps to isolate the metal of the battery (witch is +) from the metal of the phone (witch is -), if space is very tight you can remove them and substitute with paper or tape.

Look to the pictures at post #2 for more help.
i hope this helps else please post and i will try to make it more simple or get more details on here.
Dear dr_frost_dk,

Your information is very useful, I really appreciate it.
Would you please post or send me the picture of your connector for dual japod? and installation pictures?

anyway, I got the link of high capacity battery (2.800 mAH) as follows:
http://priceangels.com/2800mAh_3.7V_...00_p11958.html

Can I use it for N900? have you tested it?

Thank you

Originally Posted by swijaya View Post
Dear dr_frost_dk,

Your information is very useful, I really appreciate it.
Would you please post or send me the picture of your connector for dual japod? and installation pictures?

anyway, I got the link of high capacity battery (2.800 mAH) as follows:
http://priceangels.com/2800mAh_3.7V_...00_p11958.html

Can I use it for N900? have you tested it?

Thank you
Look to Post #2 for pictures, it's the same setup as last dual battery (mod 2), im still pretty strapped for time these days, just being a father and all, but will post some pictures soon....

I have only tested the battery's in the list on Post #1.
The battery you link to looks nice, BUT it is probably the same upside down connector since it is made specific for the 5800 look to my 1930mAh E_Cell battery test thread for a similar battery and why it would not work in the N900

1930mAh BL-5J Battery from e_cell (EBAY)
aligatro asked about a 2400mAh 5800 Battery from DX

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Look to Post #2 for pictures, it's the same setup as last dual battery (mod 2), im still pretty strapped for time these days, just being a father and all, but will post some pictures soon....

I have only tested the battery's in the list on Post #1.
The battery you link to looks nice, BUT it is probably the same upside down connector since it is made specific for the 5800 look to my 1930mAh E_Cell battery test thread for a similar battery and why it would not work in the N900

1930mAh BL-5J Battery from e_cell (EBAY)
aligatro asked about a 2400mAh 5800 Battery from DX

Thank you for your information,
I just bought 2 japods form DX, do you have link where can I buy the back door cover only?

Thank you

This is not to be rude or anything.....

But did you read this thread, almost everything is here so far, pictures, guide/manual, tests and where to buy.

not everything is at the first 3 posts yet but will get there soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
thank you bro, everything is available here. i am sorry for not vhecking it before

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc