Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Top of the mornin' to you! Albeit a day late...
Nice to see back. Hope you are enjoying your home town and have no plans to give it up.

Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Or Charlton Heston in "The Omega Man"? Or Vincent Price in "The Last Man On Earth"?

And for St. Patty's, thinking Irish Ale with Tofu Home/Country Style.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...b59acc5_3k.jpg

I swear, I can't get the OnePlus One version of UBPorts to focus on what I want -- it's got artificial intelligence I think to guess and ignore the subject.

Irish Ale sounds delicious. Not to fund of tufu though. But have plenty of substitutes. What do you mean by home style? Do it at home or a special dish?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Nice to see back. Hope you are enjoying your home town and have no plans to give it up.

Irish Ale sounds delicious. Not to fund of tufu though. But have plenty of substitutes. What do you mean by home style? Do it at home or a special dish?
Home style, or country style, is relatively large tofu cutlets, not battered, fried with veggies, soy sauce and mild seasonings. If you're not a vegetarian, you might also season it with tiny pieces of meat as well. It's how I would cook it if I did at home, but in this case it was delivered from my third-favorite Chinese restaurant. But they do have my wife and son's favorite General Tso's (or Tsao's, etc.) chicken. BTW, Zuo Zongtang was a real guy.

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Still no response from Musk. I may presume that there never will be any. Too bad. I did a big job editing the Hitchhiker's To The Galaxy BBC series shorter/faster moving to him. Maybe I should not have wrote 10 pages challenging his views and making suggestions he has already thought through. Or coloring images with pencils (which were to give experience of how mind works while doing something automated without need to think of it) was too much.

But I have now been (or tried to be) in contact with Musk - even though iy may end up to be only one way communication. It still is something. It goes along with other trophies: tablet plans sent to Alienware, Nokia and Jolla, language learning mind temple game plans for Rovio, phone plan sent to Nokia, Jolla and Canon (from Canon and Nokia got reaponses), and movie video editions I have sent to some places.

Nokia went down after they discarded my phone plan.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

My "Great State of Kansas*" bumped suddenly into phase 3 and 4 of vaccine administration early last Monday, and then on Friday I got an email from the governor that this coming Monday, Phase 5 begins! She said, with expected deliveries in the near future, all residents 16+ are eligible. That's me! Now the only issue is finding someplace to get shot.

Definitely gonna get vaccine before Purism phone or F(x) Pro. I mean, assuming I live that long, you know, God willing, inshallah, the creek don't rise and all those caveats of the human condition vs the infinite power of the universe . . .

*See stupid Superbowl tweets 2020 for context on that . . .

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Congratulations!
I expect we will reach that group sometime in the next fall...

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Congratulations!
I expect we will reach that group sometime in the next fall...
Just kept clickin' on every provider anywhere near here and bam! And after a bunch of "no appointments, ever" I see "How about next Thursday afternoon?" And I'm like, "Ya!" That was a lot faster than I thought. Someday, I'd like to see a movie without having to rent the entire theater. Kids are in school in person, so here's hoping I live that long.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
My "Great State of Kansas*" bumped suddenly into phase 3 and 4 of vaccine administration early last Monday, and then on Friday I got an email from the governor that this coming Monday, Phase 5 begins! She said, with expected deliveries in the near future, all residents 16+ are eligible. That's me! Now the only issue is finding someplace to get shot.

Definitely gonna get vaccine before Purism phone or F(x) Pro. I mean, assuming I live that long, you know, God willing, inshallah, the creek don't rise and all those caveats of the human condition vs the infinite power of the universe . . .

*See stupid Superbowl tweets 2020 for context on that . . .
Getting my second shot today!

Just kept clickin' on every provider anywhere near here and bam! And after a bunch of "no appointments, ever" I see "How about next Thursday afternoon?" And I'm like, "Ya!" That was a lot faster than I thought.
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way in EU... way too few vaccine doses around, problems with Astra/Zeneca...
For once, I commend the USA on their quick, enterprising spirit; otoh, I'm beginning to suspect that's not the only reason they are so far along with vaccinations.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Guys. Sorry to rain on our parade. But since like 60%ish might not get a vaccine within a few years and mutation will happen. How effective do you think the shoot will be a year from now? I want some hard numbers and good progress in the numbers for at least a year before I suspect any awsomeness of the vaccine.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2021-04-02 at 22:16.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
How effective do you think the shoot will be a year from now?
Due to the nature of the virus the vaccination is pretty good against the known variations. And can be imagined to be pretty effective against future unknown variations too.

The vaccines aim to enhance the immunity system to detect and counteract the spiky bits of the virus, which are the part that it uses to attach to the cell surface. There are only limited number of configurations in the protein spikes that are effective for attaching to human cells, if the virus mutates the spikes too much they are useless for that purpose.

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson