Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
I'm getting a refund, dave made me do it...

When it comes I'm buying something from lastu.
Great Idea. I'm getting refund as well. Buying wood to support lastu.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
No Tablet for me, four teeth fixed in one session this morning.
I'll be drunk in an hour.
Cheers and sincerely much luck to those awaiting delivery now!

Ah ja, issued refund request.
Have found a better use for the money in buying a Kano Kit, spending some quality time and support my daughters mad Logo skills with a little surprise

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
If you have several contributions? can you add several Ids?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
All my perks where listed in one record under same mail adress.
2x tablet
2x Lastu
2x 64gb
2x shipment
(single rows with perk id though)
Refund 50% First Round 293.00
Refund 50% Second Round 293.00

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
It depends. I had four contributions (tablet,shipping, lastu and 64GB).
I put in the ID for the earliest contribution and all four appeared in Jolla's confirmation page that follows. But the instructions say that if any contribution is missing, to enter it separately.

I thought I would feel relieved when I got the refund email but instead I just feel really disappointed

Originally Posted by parmaviolets View Post
I thought I would feel relieved when I got the refund email but instead I just feel really disappointed
Yeah, i'm in the final acceptance stage of grief after filing for refund. No jolla tablet, official or taobao version.

I recently broke my ipad mini 3 and replaced it with an asus zenpad 8. I really dislike android. The terrible timing of that is like rubbing salt in the wound lol. I really could have used that jola tab.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Cybette didn't get one! Outrageous!!

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
So that probably means the final decision for me - no tablet.

It looks like they decided to ship the tablets without asking if one wants the refund instead, which means that there were no people skipped in line for the tablet (~540 pieces).

I have to admit I am quite bitter about it, since I have been asking Jolla Care about the status of my situation and they were always polite, but refused to give me the answer. Even after the last e-mail from Jolla, they told me receiving it still doesn't mean I won't get the tablet. Why am I bitter about it? I would buy a piece from Taobao in a second if I knew I will not be receiving one from Jolla, but now the price has gone up and it's uncertain whether there is still some stock.

It would be nice to have a Jolla Tablet, but the main reason is that folks are asking me on OpenRepos to release my apps for the tablet (i486), but releasing an app for an architecture and form factor I can't even test it on does not make much sense, as I cannot fully support it. I wish Jolla made a regular and transparent Developer program last year (I'd gladly pay for the device). Oh well...

So if someone is getting a tablet but does no longer need it, please let me know

Other than that, could anyone update me on the current situation with Taobao?

EDIT: It would be also nice if we could choose to receive the Lastucase we ordered instead of a refund/donation. Just in case there's still a chance on Taobao.
Even though should be celebrating getting that notice from DHL, feel really crappy about all the 'unlucky' guys here (or maybe it's just because of a terrible day otherwise). Since you're in CZ can lend it to you for a while if you want to test 486 build with bigger screen size etc. Still not sure if I'll find daily use for a tablet (jolla+THOKBD work just fine for my use case), though selling is out of the question, the number of replies this thread has guarantees it to be a great collector item

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Even though should be celebrating getting that notice from DHL, feel really crappy about all the 'unlucky' guys here (or maybe it's just because of a terrible day otherwise). Since you're in CZ can lend it to you for a while if you want to test 486 build with bigger screen size etc. Still not sure if I'll find daily use for a tablet (jolla+THOKBD work just fine for my use case), though selling is out of the question, the number of replies this thread has guarantees it to be a great collector item
Oh I definitely don't expect anyone on this forum to sell (I would not sell it myself), but one can dream

You should celebrate! Even though I'm disappointed I am not the 'lucky' one, I feel no resentment whatsoever to those who are getting one. Quite the opposite, actually - it's great that some good amount of the devices will end up in this community rather than in the hands of people who have bought the tablet solely for its low price!

And I'm glad that they followed the chronological order - it's fair and one can only blame themselves for not being faster So don't feel bad.

Thank you for the offer, it means a lot. I will probably try the Chinese route (if it's still open) and then wait for some Android tablet with SailfishOS portability. If all that fails and I have time to develop apps by that time, I might consider it for some short while.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund