Active Topics

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ ON,CANADA
it will erased evrythng? in my n900 pics vid ,apps contacts if i flashed it?

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by smirnnoff_gurl905 View Post
it will erased evrythng? in my n900 pics vid ,apps contacts if i flashed it?
pics, vids, contacts, calender, sms are left on the device
settings and apps - gone

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
i was in your shoes but you need to re read the wiki it cant get any simpler than that. Seriously read it a few times its not hard at all
No. It´s not simple enough. I have tried to flash my n900 while following guide exactly. Didin't succeed. There is too many loopholes where you have to use your experience with computers. That's not good guide then. I mean really try to follow it like person who has for example never ever been in command prompt.

Too much text, Too few pictures, too many notes. Argh. I´am trying to write better guide on my freetime but right now i have just too much to do.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
hi ive been trying to flash my n900 and have followed the wiki word for word but when i enter the command into flasher3.5 it asks for permision and then just blinks once and nothing happens, im using vista 32bit, have the fw image in same folder as flasher and am opening it from cmd.
the only thing i can think of is that my laptop is not recognising my n900 in flashing mode, i read someware that if you try to run flasher 3.5 without the n900 connected it should say something like suitable usb device not found but when i do that i get exactly the same problem.

its not an emergency ar anything at the mo as my n900 is ok, but i would really like to know i could use the flasher if i needed to.
I would really appreciate any help or advice, thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to matts76 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by matts76 View Post
hi ive been trying to flash my n900 and have followed the wiki word for word but when i enter the command into flasher3.5 it asks for permision and then just blinks once and nothing happens, im using vista 32bit, have the fw image in same folder as flasher and am opening it from cmd.
the only thing i can think of is that my laptop is not recognising my n900 in flashing mode, i read someware that if you try to run flasher 3.5 without the n900 connected it should say something like suitable usb device not found but when i do that i get exactly the same problem.

its not an emergency ar anything at the mo as my n900 is ok, but i would really like to know i could use the flasher if i needed to.
I would really appreciate any help or advice, thanks
Sometimes it can be hard to see the background in flashing mode. The nokia logo and usb icon are very weak.

You do press "u" before you put in the usb right?

yeah its definately in flash mode, i can see the nokia logo and usb symbol on the screen when i turn off press u and plug in the usb.
Its starting to do my head in, ive been searching and trying to sort this out for about a month now on and off, and have come to the point where i need the help of the comunity.

The Following User Says Thank You to matts76 For This Useful Post:
Could write here exactly what you write on pc when trying? What image do you use?

I am not a windwos user so probably someone els could help you better.. have you tried burning an ubuntu livecd and doing through that?

Originally Posted by slender View Post
No. It´s not simple enough. I have tried to flash my n900 while following guide exactly. Didin't succeed. There is too many loopholes where you have to use your experience with computers. That's not good guide then. I mean really try to follow it like person who has for example never ever been in command prompt.

Too much text, Too few pictures, too many notes. Argh. I´am trying to write better guide on my freetime but right now i have just too much to do.
Hi there.
In the link below, I've tried to simplify the Hard Reset/Flashing info. There aren't any screenshots in this one unfortunately (I did have in a previous post but mysteriously disappeared in wordpress drafts :S)

I have uber basic knowledge of this stuff and even I managed to flash the N900 so I guess if I can do it, everyone else would be able to.

CLICK

The Following User Says Thank You to JayMontano For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JayMontano View Post
Hi there.
In the link below, I've tried to simplify the Hard Reset/Flashing info. There aren't any screenshots in this one unfortunately (I did have in a previous post but mysteriously disappeared in wordpress drafts :S)

I have uber basic knowledge of this stuff and even I managed to flash the N900 so I guess if I can do it, everyone else would be able to.

CLICK
Great walkthrough jay..

If you are to flash with both images you could jump step 7 and 8 by removing the "-R" from the first flashing.. it basically just say to reboot after done. If you remove it you could flash the second image at once and then let it reboot.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Great walkthrough jay..

If you are to flash with both images you could jump step 7 and 8 by removing the "-R" from the first flashing.. it basically just say to reboot after done. If you remove it you could flash the second image at once and then let it reboot.
Ah, cheers.. I was wondering why it rebooted in between. Ha.