Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Do you know about the neo900 initiative? If not, search this forum....
What ever happened to the neo900?

The Following User Says Thank You to sanman_hpux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by sanman_hpux View Post
What ever happened to the neo900?
It is a long read.

As I understand it, they are moving forward and about to make key parts purchases, so alive and well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Back to the N900 after about 2 years with the N9. Still amazing phone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MONVMENTVM For This Useful Post:
I totally would if I had one. I've got an old N810 that I often wish was a phone, but sadly it's only usable over wifi.

That said, I'd be worried about old software having known security vulnerabilities if I were storing a significant amount of personal data on it...

The Following User Says Thank You to chaos.beat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chaos.beat View Post
I totally would if I had one. I've got an old N810 that I often wish was a phone, but sadly it's only usable over wifi.

That said, I'd be worried about old software having known security vulnerabilities if I were storing a significant amount of personal data on it...
Yes... I think especially the browser situation kinda sucks.

The Following User Says Thank You to MONVMENTVM For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM View Post
Yes... I think especially the browser situation kinda sucks.
It's at least better than on the N810 I bet. :P

Works for what I use it for, but it would be nice to have updated hardware. Neo900 looks amazing but somewhat out of my price range...

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ .pl
i would advise against having ANY sensitive information on your mobile device. no matter the browser. heard about those celebrity leaks? nsa? just keep your stuff secure somewhere else and don't worry too much

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KotCzarny For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by KotCzarny View Post
i would advise against having ANY sensitive information on your mobile device. no matter the browser. heard about those celebrity leaks? nsa? just keep your stuff secure somewhere else and don't worry too much
Thing is though, if it's built properly it's just as secure as any other device. Ideally my phone would run the same (open source) software as my laptop and have hardware that's trusted (to the extent I trust my other devices). At which point which one I use is just a matter of preference.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ .pl
no software is without bugs, don't fool yourself. remember kernel bugs? bash bugs? even devices NOT CONNECTED to the internet are hackable. still, we are now probably talking about running software that can't handle current technology well and not about security

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KotCzarny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Spain
Hello friends

I'm looking for a N900 to buy again

I have doubts about NITdroid, somebody of you still use commonly NITdroid?

The best adapted version is based on GB, with Internet 3G working, receive sms right? camera working on apps than Retrica or others image editing apps?

GPS not working or im wrong?

And last.. the most popular apps than Facebook, Tapatalk, Badoo works propperly?

I would like to know your experience with Nitdroid, your best apps that you use and works fine and so dont miss an Android device...

I think is better answer here than the Nitdroid thread because who follow these post is because we want to squeeze the maximum performance on our N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xiskillo For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900