Active Topics

Hey folks,
Anyone tried Orb (www.orb.com) to stream video to the 770?
I'm still considering a purchase and just trying to learn what it can do.

Thanks!
-N

Hi SpaceBass, I gave this a bash tonight and amazingly it did work. All the web pages from Orb worked fine. The links for audio and pictures worked absolutely fine.

A video link handed off a RAM file to the 770 and it buffered away and started playing the file.

However, the video was very choppy and unwatchable, but it did work.

This could be due to a number of factors. Wifi interference (ive not tried streaming any video over wifi here before), I ran Orb on a Centrino powered Vaio decoding/encoding the stream did kick the processor. It could be down to the source which was a Divx, and I havdnt traced out if the stream stays local to this network or if it goes out to the internet and back (I doubt it, but it might)

Respect to Orb - great software, and couldnt be easier to setup.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ The Netherlands
Ric9887 what was the size of the video you tried? Everytime I trie to view a normal video 0f something like 350 Mb my 770 says "connection lost". On my laptop everything is working fine

The Following User Says Thank You to TVD For This Useful Post:
I dont understand how i start to stream with orb... and further more what do i do to connect the nokia 770 to a stream.. i must be missing something here.

Well, I figured out how to get Videos and music.. has anyone successfully streamed the TV feature?

Yes, kind of...
I was able to watch C-SPAN and NASA TV with Video Player, but with alot of missed frames.

hm... can you tell me how you did it?

Well, looks like Video Player dosn't want to play with speed more than about 160kb,
I used link at russian page, just click and, when Download Window appeared, said open.
It's starting Video Player and after 30 second I see that channel.
www.webtelek.com/tv.php?first=42&q=&q=
Point 45 at left side...

Last edited by Element; 2006-04-06 at 10:46.