Posts: 59 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Snappier than ever and multitasking works again without OOM killing apps allready with 2-3 apps open. Happyy

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jpel For This Useful Post:
I'm a bit disappointed by the update. I was kinda hoping that landscape orientation would be fully supported now in the phone.
Also the favorites / quick actions in Events view implementation feels somewhat out of place.. It's in what appears to be a pulley menu only it doesn't need to be pulled

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 243kof For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by jpel View Post
Snappier than ever
A reboot may have that effect. As may the psychology of knowing your system has just been updated

Having said that, it does feel snappier. Looking at the changelog, it is kinda expected, seeing a lot of mostly system-level changes (as opposed to mostly UI changes in 1.1.9).

Let's see how it looks after a couple of weeks of use.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
From therein:

What does "reremove" mean, I wonder. Remove again?
Same as unreinstate.

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I dig the new Settings layout. I am sure some people will complain about the disappeared shortcuts but now that you can move them to the notification screen (without any patches, no less!), that is a moot point.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 243kof View Post
I'm a bit disappointed by the update. I was kinda hoping that landscape orientation would be fully supported now in the phone.
Also the favorites / quick actions in Events view implementation feels somewhat out of place.. It's in what appears to be a pulley menu only it doesn't need to be pulled
Agreed. Quick-actions wouldn't feel so exclusive to event screen if you could pull them open from both eventsview and multitasking screen. Many of them are quick actions after all...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Nice feature: You can change the arrangement on quick action screen by long press just like in launcher and multitasking screen.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Can't see anything there about reinstating the Silent Mode quick action, which they promised would be returning in this release. Am I just being blind?

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
A reboot may have that effect. As may the psychology of knowing your system has just been updated
I am Sorry pichlo, but dropping this line here feels a little insulting.
Man, yes i did frickin' 1000 system-updates in my life as everybody here did. Your implication we would report increase in performance ignoring this effect is a lame underestimation of your fellows ...

Having now three Jollas with three different versions laying around makes me want to do a comparison video as proof now.

stay tuned...

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Was the skype account support added recently? Didn't see it before

(no idea how to properly add skype contact, but a workaround worked: after adding skype account you can find yourself in people app, text yourself, delete the entry, now in chat app go to the last convo, swipe to the right, pulley-save, add skype nickname of person you want to add, link the resulting people app entry with the other entry, yay, done and seems to work)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post: