Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Since Ice Cream Sandwich has stylus support, new devices with stylus should follow. I might refrain from buying the Note and wait for something better, like a 7* pen-enabled, usb-enabled, gsm-tablet, which would be perfect for my needs.
Or, wait for usb activated kernel in the Tab and hope that ICS might make styli work better on its surface.
Or, wait and buy the Note when it's less expensive

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
I'm seriously considering buying this phone/tablet but I'm a little worried about one-handed use because of its size. Are there any videos of somebody dialling a number with one hand on this thing?

Lack of a keyboard is also a minus but I guess the extra large keys will help.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
What about this as a keyboard:

http://www.chill-innovation.com/prod...22&products=45

I'm considering this phone or galaxy ii or nexus together with this wireless keyboard.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mirakels For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mirakels View Post
What about this as a keyboard:

http://www.chill-innovation.com/prod...22&products=45

I'm considering this phone or galaxy ii or nexus together with this wireless keyboard.
but it would be difficult to hold both the phone and keyboard, no?

One thing I like about the iPhone 4S is that I can by a Nuu or Boxwave keyboard which essentially converts it into the N900. Blasphemy, I know.

I would buy something similar for the Note in a heartbeat.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
wow, yes, these are nice too. I thought I saw an n900 picture when I first saw the pictures

Maybe we can urge these keyboard manufactures to come up with some sort of generic keyboard+phone holder for all kinds of phone models...

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
As I don't think I will be able to test this device, I cut a piece of leather (5mm thick) with the Galaxy Note dimensions, and I does not seem uncomfortable in the pocket (I can not 'feel' the weight though).

I did the same for the Galaxy Nexus and that one really seems the perfect size. It is almost the same height, just 'thinner'.

I'm still deciding...

Ha! I did the exact same with same two device dimensions, but using thick (corrugated) cardboard.

after a week of looking at both, I'm quite happy with the note's size - even holding it up to my ear no longer seems so stupid as it first did :-)

the note is supposed to go on sale in UK tomorrow (2nd Nov) so I'll have a trip to Carphone Warehouse to see if they've got a demo model to play with ....

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

To test width I opened my n900 keyboard and held it in portrait. Is that near the width of the Note?

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
To test width I opened my n900 keyboard and held it in portrait. Is that near the width of the Note?
yes, almost exactly the right width, well spotted!

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pigro For This Useful Post:
1st UK online vendor with stock (16GB) to buy today:
http://www.kingofgadgets.co.uk/samsu...ile-phone.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pigro For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, galaxy note