Posts: 41 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Australia
this phone is great. worthy upgrade from n900. loving the note right now!

Originally Posted by werks View Post
this phone is great. worthy upgrade from n900. loving the note right now!
Everything is particularly good except for CHEAP plastic body and below par mono speaker

Originally Posted by sudarsan_avs View Post
Hi, what do you think about Samsung Galaxy SIII

Not sure this is true...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pWwbCBjXHE
It's definitely a fake.
(I read somewhere) The Galaxy S's will be under 4.5" and it makes sense to create the next editions with (relatively) same proportion of the previous model.
In that case, SGSIII won't be any larger than 4.5" (4.3" screen + 0.2" Navi-buttons) but the site lists as 4.6in.

Last edited by Kangal; 2011-12-06 at 11:05.

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Kangal: why would that be proof? Where did you get the info that the SGS3 will stick to 4.3" screen+navigationbuttons?

I could totally see Samsung going "okay, here goes: 4.6 inch screen, biatches!"

As for the note... Ill wait for the next batches of phones to show up. Note is awesome, but not something Id sink cash into atm. Half a year ago; definitely.

I got the Note too.
Will keep N900 anyway because still a great phone expecially for it's linux compatibility.

The Note is good for hardware but software looks to me worst in comparison to N900 mainly for two reasons:
- switching from an app to another takes too long and it's not practical
- browsing is not like destop, like was on N900. I already found some websites that doesn't work like used to be on N900; tried default browser,Opera and Firefox.

Still don't like Android but since I run my own sync service with Funambol Opensource and sideloaded apps I can forgive myself for holding a Google Os.

Still can't easily rsync or connect to nfs. I mean, it's possible I know but not as easy as I had on N900.

After all won't leave the bigger screen for a 3.5 again ... and 1Gb of Ram ... makes the difference.

Someone made work MTP with a Linux box?

Originally Posted by maxppc View Post
I got the Note too.
Will keep N900 anyway because still a great phone expecially for it's linux compatibility.

The Note is good for hardware but software looks to me worst in comparison to N900 mainly for two reasons:
- browsing is not like destop, like was on N900. I already found some websites that doesn't work like used to be on N900; tried default browser,Opera and Firefox.

Still don't like Android but since I run my own sync service with Funambol Opensource and sideloaded apps I can forgive myself for holding a Google Os.

Still can't easily rsync or connect to nfs. I mean, it's possible I know but not as easy as I had on N900.

After all won't leave the bigger screen for a 3.5 again ... and 1Gb of Ram ... makes the difference.

Someone made work MTP with a Linux box?
The only thing that I like in Android over Maemo is
1) Android isn't dead just like Maemo and
2) Latest google maps that are very good for GPS. N900 still has 5 yr old map and I've seen searching is much better in Google map compared to OVI Maps.

Above all else Maemo is a much efficient OS compared to Android. It utilizes the resources in much better way. Its multi-tasking is much better than Android and WP7.5

but software looks to me worst in comparison to N900 mainly for two reasons:
Appswitching/multitasking is why I sold my SGS2 for the N9.

As for your browsing needs, get Dolphin HD. Its not like microB, because nothing beats that, but its the absolute best browser for your OS.

So i'm using the note every day since two weeks.

i never missed my n900. Why ? big screen so its very easy to use the onscreen keyboard, with the app swiftkey X now im typing fast as on a n900...

and i dont want to speak about the other hardware specs

Do you want to speak about appswitching then?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Appswitching is ok. Just longpress homebutton. Not as good as n9, but almost.

Try out the windows 7 launcher. Its better than real windows 7 just love the big screen, would have been better with maemo, but since nokia moving to smaller screens. They are no longer an option.

Last edited by Dave999; 2011-12-06 at 10:57.

Tags
android, galaxy note