Poll: Next phone after Nokia N9
Poll Options
Next phone after Nokia N9

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I'll second that.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Again guys, I'll get store credit so I can only buy what is available in the shop. This, unfortunately, means no N9/N900/N950.

The Following User Says Thank You to rahulthewall For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
rahulthewall,

Try a S3 running touchwiz and try a S3 running stock android and you'll be happier with touchwiz...

Its not as useless as it used to be in fact I would go on to say it beats stock android too... You wouldn't need to get special players with codecs for playing back 720p videos, getting notification bar add-ons etc on touchwiz... Samsung pays for more patents vs stock AOSP so you get a better experience

Try JB running S3s and they are nice as is without having to go into stock if you want something that works without much tinkering..

I'd give the S3 a try in that case. It's just that buying a Samsung feels weird.

The Following User Says Thank You to rahulthewall For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by rahulthewall View Post
Again guys, I'll get store credit so I can only buy what is available in the shop. This, unfortunately, means no N9/N900/N950.
Have you considered galaxy note ll?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
I have the Galaxy Note II as work phone here at work. But my, is that large. I'd consider the form factor a good replacement of an 6" e-reader more than a phone to stuff down my pants. It's a good looking piece of hardware though.

My coworker opted for the 920. I talked in it today, after talking with headset on the Note II and using my new LG Optimus 4X privately for a month or two following a year or two on the ZTE Blade, I was honestly surprised how much better the phone call sound was than what I'm used to these days.

A phone that has good call quality. Well, I guess that could be a focus too, for some. Here I was thinking it's all about number of features per dollar.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ India
My first option would have been N9

Second option would be a second hand N9

But as u said you can't get it then just wait for a couple of month go for Xperia Z

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z-5204.php

or if you need one now

then I would have gone for HTC one S with Krait core porecessor.

this post is about phone then I guess Note 1 & 2 are out of option

The Following User Says Thank You to kumary For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Virginia
My recommendation, which is how I got my N9, was to take the phone with the highest street resale value, sell it and apply the proceeds to purchase whatever phone strikes your fancy.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robissimo For This Useful Post:
The device can be customized with a new Launcher, Lockscreen, Status/Notification (flash MOD), Transitions (flash MOD), DPI Change... and your choice of Browsers, File Explorers, Cameras, Media Players etc etc.

All of these on a stock, shipping ROM !

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
If you're jumping off the N9 train, and into the Android waters, I'd recommend the Galaxy S3. (cheaper option: Nexus 4, but it doesn't have a SD card slot which is a bummer for me)

If you have gorilla sausage fingers, and the pocket size that matches jeans that people of the build that comes with such fingers wear, you may be able to carry around a Note 2, which is only very slightly superior to the GS3 in specs.

Avoid HTC Android devices like the plague.

And regardless of the device you choose, flash it with Cyanogenmod as soon as you get it.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2013-01-10 at 23:12.

I'd definitely wait for BB10, i.e. the BlackBerry Z10.

The Following User Says Thank You to emev For This Useful Post: