wtf Elop is ? a btch an as* ?
i just don't understand where did he come from

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Mohammad View Post
wtf Elop is ? a btch an as* ?
i just don't understand where did he come from
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SDrqa-eTXU

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Guys, from where do you have those N9 sales numbers? Esp. compared to the Lumia / WP sales numbers...

And I agree - Nokia should have stuck with maemo...

The Following User Says Thank You to aRTee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
I wonder if Elops is gonna pull a captain of the costa concordia move and leave the ship before it goes down if this results continue for the next 2-3 quarters.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the quote about the N9:

Originally Posted by Nokia
Nokia launched the Nokia N9, the outcome of efforts in Nokia’s MeeGo program. The Nokia N9 is a pure touch smartphone which introduces an innovative new design where the home key – typically located at the bottom of the device – is replaced by a simple gesture: a swipe. Under Nokia’s new strategy for smartphones, MeeGo will place increased emphasis on longer-term market exploration of next-generation devices, platforms and user experiences
It's debatable whether the customized MeeGo experience is a step in the right direction after Maemo, but it's nice that the path may not be dead altogether. We may still see upgrades (or possible hold-me-overs) in the future.

The Following User Says Thank You to jschan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jschan View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the quote about the N9:

It's debatable whether the customized MeeGo experience is a step in the right direction after Maemo, but it's nice that the path may not be dead altogether. We may still see upgrades (or possible hold-me-overs) in the future.
that quote sounds like something that was said before ms partnership announcement

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
No, I don't think so. Get over it: It's dead, Jim...

Last edited by sbock; 2012-01-26 at 17:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbock For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aRTee View Post
Guys, from where do you have those N9 sales numbers? Esp. compared to the Lumia / WP sales numbers...

And I agree - Nokia should have stuck with maemo...
Hard to tell, Nokia is trying to obfuscate this (which should suggests how real numbers looks like).

For Lumias, the key phrase is "sold well over 1 million Lumia devices to date". Incidentally all other numbers are for Q4 (and not "to date"), so that trickery suggests Lumias (meaning 800 and 710 models combined) probably sold well below 1 million in the 2011.

For N9 there is no number at all. But with some reverse engineering it looks like it's 1.5 million or more (meaning potentially a lot more, it depends how much Symbian and WP7 phones were sold, but we don't have the breakdowns, only sure number is the overall count)

The Following User Says Thank You to umo120 For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
Today Nokia announced their Q4 figures. still in loss. lost 1.4 billion. Now what will happen next ? Elops sinking ship is now sinking faster. Nokia was even better with Symbian.

m.cnet.com/Article.rbml?nid=57366520&cid=null&bcid=&bid=-266

Its sad to see the company i love most dying.
. They will continue elop strategy.

funny is they dont want to sell smartphones like n9 even if people.want it where is the white nokia n9 as.n example