Notices

Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
i'm still getting this error even though i followed some instructions with neogeo
'The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images'
Have you tried ade and pcekper's GnGeo-gui? Works much better than mame for neogeo roms on the n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
not yet, i'd like to get mame up and running and error free but cheers for the suggestion will look into it

@corduroysack

check your pm.

handhelds running mame really well, GP2x (mk2), GP2x wiz, JXD s7300

Samsung galaxy note 2 owner and of course mame on that too

ex - Xbox 360 user - here is the reason -

I am back Xboxing again - and here is what i did to correct it -

***UPDATE*** now 47 months on and x-clamp fix has just failed....not a bad run

The Following User Says Thank You to Bazza For This Useful Post:
just checked and i'm running the same version of mame as bazza.
i'm unzipping both contents of the 2 files into 1 file then zipping that up and putting it into the rom folder on my memory card.
still getting that error. i'm using win7 on my pc though i don't think that will make a difference.
don't know where i'm going wrong tbh

edit: I'm taking all the contents of one file and mixing them with the contents of the other, do they need to be in seperate folders but zipped together in a single folder?

EDIT : got it working now reread thread and pointed me the right way

Last edited by corduroysack; 2011-07-01 at 13:12.

Nice one,

are you overclocking?

yes i'm overclocked at 950MHz

@pierrem
You may upload new version of existing package to -devel, without being maintainer (joy of open source project ). The only drawback will be fact, that You won't be able to push it into -testing and -extras - no big deal.

Thats exactly what Pali did before council granted him maintainership of power-kernel (tanner was and is unreachable), and Mentalist Traceur did same for aircrack-ng (he is now maintainer - succeed in contacting former maintainer) and iw (he's still not maintainer, but fixed version was uploaded by him).

So, if You can't reach flandry, just upload Your patched version into repos, over current one. If someone preffer old, she/he can always force older version via apt-get.

/Edit

Also, SDLMAME package should be (IMO) replaced by dummy package depending on MAME, to allow auto-update and to decrease confusion.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-07-01 at 23:21.

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Also, SDLMAME package should be (IMO) replaced by dummy package depending on MAME, to allow auto-update and to decrease confusion.
Better way.
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

Due to Flandry being busy, can we try and keep this mame project moving along nicely with improvements and suggestions of how to improve.

I am no coder at all but i do understand mame and i can help people out who struggle with it and also test new versions.

What i wouldn't like to happen is to test new versions which would break the current working version on my N900, it would be easier to have new versions to test running along side the current version with no conflicts or replacement. that is my suggestion

I still standby my idea of an older version to be complied for 2 reasons.

1. To test my findings that an older version will play most roms near perfect which are made pre-2000 (outrun,.space harrier, nemesis, r-type etc) which struggle to run at good speeds currently on the N900 but shouldn't need overclocking to run near perfect. - see my previous post on the performance of mame on my Gp2x wiz running @ 533mhz,

2. To shut me up.

I would say it's worth trying just for reason 2 alone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bazza For This Useful Post:
I know i keep going on about this but recently there have been a few people interested in this and maybe 1 or 2 capable of moving this on to another level.

Done some research and found that quite a few emulators on the N900 are ported from GP2x / GP2x wiz versions.

DrNokSnes v1.3.4 was ported from the GP2x version by Javier S. Pedro (javispedro)

PicoDrive v1.32-1 was ported from the GP2x version by Javier Campo (javicq)

CPCm v1.20-1 was ported from the GP2x version by Javier Campo (javicq)

UAE4All Maemo Edition v1rc2-14 was ported from the GP2x version by Tomasz Sterna (smoku)

cps2emu 0.6-r1 was ported from the GP2x version started by kkito and continued by Marcus Fazzi (anunakin)

There are a few others but this should be enough and maybe give some of you a few names to contact if help is needed.

[REQUEST]

As a main project or side project can someone be willing to try and port this version of mame4all from the GP2x wiz version. It would be great if it could run along side the current version of mame instead of replacing it due to it having a compatible romlist not as up to date as the current version but should offer better performance with older roms which struggle on the current version.

Most of those emulators above have a nice gui this is not necessary in the early stages of porting unless testing proves to be worth it.

I may be wrong but i think it could be worth the trouble to port this so we can have a version of mame which runs most if not all of its romlist at more than playable speeds although they would be from an older list compared to the current mainstream versions.

Another link to some source files if it helps.

Thanks in advance.

Tags
arcade, emulator, game, maemo 5, mame, wip