Posts: 31 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Toronto, ON Canada
Originally Posted by callanish View Post
also, "fortune favors the foolish.."
I thought the quote was fortune favors the bold. :P

then again it's amazing what some sellers find that "just fell out of the back of a truck" and decide to sell it...

I will add that in this case if you pay via PP use your credit card to fun the transaction. And be careful of how the seller presents the bill. If it presented as quasi-cash, you are screwed if it goes badly. Last before paying the bill you can look at how long the seller has been a PayPal member and even the number of certified transactions they have had. Wile PayPal is getting better at vetting sellers since they bought Verisign, they still pretty much let anyone with an account with even just a savings account to attach to the PP account setup shop.

Not sure what ya might get but one needs to remember that "...certainly the game is rigged, but if you don't bet, you can't win..." Here is to someone WINNING...

I still don't like the N810 for my needs so not a huge issue, anyway, this time next year the N810's will be about $200 anyway. Thanks to the N-NextGen being out and costing $499...

any follow up from the person who bought it?

Well I tried to buy one. They don't have shipping listed, so I asked about it. They said "email direct, give us your address and phone number and we will give you an invoice you can use in paypal".

The guy I was talking to no longer has an address on the easy2buy site. Joined 25/2, not there by 4/3....

I'm still debating as to whether I'll continue, have to re-read the paypal terms of service to see just how I'd get my money back if it was a dud.

It so smells of scam. Being non-US, might not be too likely to be identity theft so if paypal protects me I might give it a try.

I should probably create a throwaway gmail account though.

Zebee

I canceled. I went in, and pulled out before it was too late I did a cancel payment on paypal. What's your deal Zebee? Any more info? If that seller I also ordered one from pulled out just after I cancelled, lucky me.

I decided against it. Paypal will only refund if they can "get from the seller", they have good protection for ebay sales but their protection for other sales looks very poor.

I could, I suppose, use the Visa protection but I dunno, just seems like I'd do my dough. The fact the guy wants to negotiate outside the site and has left the site makes me think it's a scam.

I've spent the money on motorcycle bits instead

Zebee