Notices

Thanks for the STOP! (grin) but I had decided to test it myself before I bought atomic and yup it works with the plain ol' duke 3d edition. Though I have to admit, the default controls do need to be changed, there is no way to strafe and the mouse look / forward thing is way hard to control. time to start playing with the config. I have to say though it is VERY fast. and a lot of fun (till I get killed because every time I try to aim I run past who I am aiming at)

I just made a config that has a working sound etc. Didn't put too much effort in the controls because the game allows you to change them and people have different kind of taste.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 122 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Of all the 'shooters' I ever played, this one was truly a good time. The humour, the animation, it was the peak for me after the clever qualities of Doom. Quake and some of the others just didn't thrill me.
Duke3D felt like 'being/playing' in a Saturday morning cartoon.

One other that gave me a thoroughly good laugh was Shadow Warrior.
The comedy narrative was excellent and they played with a few unique effects like the bumble bees and game in game elements.

Great work with Duke3D. I'm sourcing a copy now.

Thanks ukki, Your right the game does allow you to change them to a point, I could not get the U to come off of mouse aim, and even when I changed strafe to l and r and removed it from turn l and turn r it still didn't work quite correct. I am going to poke into the config file and see if that works better..

Thanks again for making my n800 even MORE important to me...

-John

Thanks! Awesome work. mas mas mas

OK I have been looking at the duke3d.cfg and well. I am not entirely sure it is reading it. I have turned off every option for forward I can find, including in the mouse setup section..
ControllerType = 1
JoystickPort = 0
MouseSensitivity = 20480
ExternalFilename = "EXTERNAL.EXE"
EnableRudder = 0
MouseAiming = 1
MouseButton0 = ""
MouseButtonClicked0 = ""
MouseButton1 = ""
MouseButtonClicked1 = ""
MouseButton2 = ""
MouseButtonClicked2 = ""

and still it walks forward when I try and aim or turn with the stylus/mouse. obviously since we can NOT move the mouse without clicking the MouseButtonClicked needs to be off, but I have it off and it still doesn't stop.

Oh well, back to the drawing board... going to try running it from xterm and see what options are there...

-John

John, I'm having the same trouble. I haven't been able to figure out how to turn off forward using the stylus either. I'm still poking around trying though.

Thought this might be helpful to others trying to configure it...

http://www.planetduke.com/features/a...quakecfg.shtml

-John

Originally Posted by Pushwall View Post
John, I'm having the same trouble. I haven't been able to figure out how to turn off forward using the stylus either. I'm still poking around trying though.
There are a LOT of places in the config you have to turn on mouse aiming look at the link in my last post...

-John

I am closer, the stylus/mouse now aims properly, but still moves forward... you have to clear out all the joystick/gamepad settings to make it work better...

-John

This is a better listing of the config file...

http://www.planetduke.com/features/a...s/config.shtml

Last edited by tobiasj; 2008-02-28 at 16:08. Reason: added link