Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
My CPU-Statusbar-applet often shows that I am low on memory with just a few applications open. This is surprising because I boot from a 3gb partition and have plenty of room left.

How can I fix this? Is the cpu-statusbar-applet displaying usage of the 128mb system memory? I assume that this memory is still used to run programs even when booting from the SD card. Is that correct?

I have 128mb virtual memory turned on. That doesn't seem to be a factor to my running low on memory.

How are other people doing in this regard?

BL

I want to know also, I have the extra memory enabled booting form 8gbs, can't even download 50 mbs without running out of free memory! Hear Hear!

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Look up "Show processes" and MEM hogs, on statusbar.

I am running 0.6.1chinnook1 N800/2.2007.50-2 MMC boot

bun

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
One of the biggest memory hogs is the browser.
But the paradox is that if the memory indicator refers to my system ram it shouldn't change when I fill up my sd card. On the other hand, if it refers to my sd card there should be plenty of room.

What i actually see is confusing; adding files such as videos (e.g.700mb) to the sd card seems to push my memory indicator up a little. But the browser adding 40mb to the load pushes to it the top!

wtf?