Notices

Hello,

I'm trying to make a theme with Theme Maker 1.2.7 on a fresh installed Ubuntu 9.10.

I installed Ubuntu first as I found the Theme Maker not working with Windows (freezes at 1%),

Then I installed Java to run the app.

I run Theme Maker, that succesfully builds the theme in the themename subdirectory, but won't give me a .deb file; it is showing an error like "error in tar creation"; then "problems in making .debian"

If someone could help me I will be very grateful

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Click on the make debian icon. That should create a themename_all.deb file.

It says "control file creation failed". It does not create the package.

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
It's not working with Linux. You will need to use Windows to package it.

In Windows it does not even build the theme, it freezes at 1%. I'm using Win 7 64-bit.

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Did you run it from the shell script?

I made the app working on Windows Xp finally. But unfortunately, after compiling the theme, even here it does not build the .deb file. It gives me the same error as in Linux

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
I'm having the same problem here. Actually if you look at the command line output after hitting the create theme -button you can see that even that doesn't go as planned. I get multiple tar-creating -errors in the end of the command line window...

Too bad. I would like to have a steel/grey-theme I just finishded to work in my N900.

Edit: so far I've tried multiple theme maker versions with two different Windows machines. Other has x64 Win7 and other has x86 Windows XP.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Louis, MO, USA
I had the same results in Ubuntu. I actually sent an email to Urho Konttori which included the output from the command line on December 23rd, but I never got a response.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kuopio
I also get folder, but I can't form debian package. Does this function need something more than just unpacking thememaker zip? I'd make tons of themes after I get this to work.