Active Topics

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gsalone View Post
And what do these do?
I dont want to install something I cannot control
# add repository mer-tools to expand package collection
ssu ar mer-tools

# force packagekit to refresh its caches so new packages can be seen and installed
pkcon refresh

# install less command line tool for paging long text files
pkcon install less

# install basic, easy to use and advising text editor for command line
pkcon install nano

# list all packages that have jolla in their package names
pkcon search name jolla | less

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
So how do we sync messages off N9

Originally Posted by pipould View Post
When I plug OTH Limited ed, it starts to fetch from shop the ambiance but fails.

Edit : The limited ambiance is not listed in the gallery.
Settings -> Developer mode -> Allow developer updates enabled ??

---> store will fail...

Last edited by sconf; 2013-12-16 at 23:33.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Pictures in Gallery do not show up: I just get the blurred wallpaper from the current ambience. What's wrong? if I tap to show the menu, then trigger the pulley menu to edit the picture, then I can see it in the bottom part of the screen (or the right part if I'm in landscape).

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sconf View Post
Settings -> Developer mode -> Allow developer updates enabled ??

---> store will fail...
Yes, it is a known bug. You should not do that. If you have already succesfully installed Developer mode/Terminal app, you can try to fix it with command:

ssu domain sales

Restart the phone. If you don't have Terminal app, you can try to restore the factory settings.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
So I guess I'll make a post of things needing improvements:

- Adding accounts was either bugged or my palm accidentally kept hitting the side of the screen, because account adding seemed to jump to next screen randomly when I hadn't finished adding all the information. (does the touch screen calibrate itself? Seemed too sensitive at start)
- Store bugging at beginning, I'm not sure if the device reset I did fixed it...
- Android support is excellent, but upgrading applications doesn't seem supported at the moment. You need to uninstall program first and install the newer version.
- Android "support apps" don't seem to install (MX Player has separate decoder .apk's for different architectures, they don't install icons, so they don't seem to install at all)
- Android program settings/files can't be reset (My Amazon store has set it's language to Japanese, and I can't figure out how to change it...) (edit3, after enough googling, found out that app settings are in /data/data/ folder. Just removed com.amazon.venezia folder and reinstalled amazon and now I got english.)
- Quite a few Android apps/games depend on Google Play API's, so I think I'll need to add it. But that really isn't Jollas fault.
- In video playback, .mkv video files can't be seeked, they just return to beginning. AC3 audio doesn't seem to be supported. Few other old/bugged files didn't play back or played either audio/video only. Some .mp4's didn't show up in the Gallery app, until I remuxed them with mp4box back into .mp4's.
- why is the audio player named Media, when it only plays audio?
I hope gstreamer updates will fix at least some of these...

These are the few annoyances that I've noticed so far.

But otherwise I've enjoyed fiddling around with my Jolla, so don't take these too negatively

[edit] Oh, and the automounting of SD cards formatted with other than VFAT needs to be fixed, annoying to do it manually every time.

Last edited by DeeGee; 2013-12-18 at 09:46.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeeGee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by lkravovicz View Post
So how do we sync messages off N9
You can't at present.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Some other improvement idea to UI:

when going to twitter notifications and opening an url from a tweet, the phone opens the browser but when performing a slide down gesture (closing webbrowser) the user is redirected to home screen. This is annoying as it should go back to the twitter notifications (at the tweet i was performing the action)

Also the twitter notifications are limited to a certain amount. It only shows me something like 20 tweets... Not enough tweets to make the feature something worth using.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wout.martens For This Useful Post:
Ok, got my Jolla yesterday and played a bit, I have a couple of questions that I haven't seen in this thread (but I may have missed)

1) Is it possible to give Calendars a name, I have added an Exchange account and it has synced calendar fine, but in manage calendars, I have two named Default (I'm guessing one is the Phone and one is Exchange), in N9 you could select colour and rename, but I cant find any way to set the name in Jolla.

2) Bluetooth. I paired my Jolla with my car fine, but my car cant access contacts on Jolla. With N9 my car could access all my phone contacts and received/dialled numbers, but this doesn't seem to work with my Jolla.

I'm sorry for comparing with N9 in both cases, but N9 has been my daily phone for last 2 years...

-Nic

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@nbedford
About point 2) - looks like Bluetooth Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) is not implemented on Jolla. I can't test at the moment, but may be someone can confirm?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience