http://www.tizenexperts.com/2016/11/...tizen-devices/
On top of Microsoft joining the Linux foundation, Tizen will get the .Net Framework. Developers will be able to create Tizen apps in the C# programming language.

Last edited by railroadmaster; 2016-11-20 at 04:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Another case of Embrace, Extend and Extinguish?
You don't think that Nadella's Microsoft is any different to that of Ballmer's or Billy G's?

Nadella seems to be going long on Azure Cloud Services as the big money maker, and .Net/C# is the development toolset for that. From that perspective this makes perfect sense, as Samsung maybe doesn't want to create their own whole cloud service platform for Tizen to be able to adequately compete against the full Google suite.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
You don't think that Nadella's Microsoft is any different to that of Ballmer's or Billy G's?
Microsoft is always going to be Microsoft. Never trust them!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post

Nadella seems to be going long on Azure Cloud Services as the big money maker, and .Net/C# is the development toolset for that. From that perspective this makes perfect sense, as Samsung maybe doesn't want to create their own whole cloud service platform for Tizen to be able to adequately compete against the full Google suite.
As much as I'd love to believe that this iteration of MS is different; I own their stock and I can vouch for how they value profits first.

They have embraced the community around a lot of projects that have merit and are impactful. They also have done things that reverse Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer's decisions and disdain for Linux.

But I know that there's a chance that I might be wrong in my skepticism about Microsoft. I just trust Samsung even less.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: