This thread is a waste of time, i would rather stick with Monstrarity of http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=33313&page=214. At least it is funny

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
No, the last official word came from Peter at Maemo marketing. He said "November".

The only Official words to date have been Oct 26th and November. Words from a sales department, however well informed, even the company's own sales department are not Official.

As for badgering people High Up at Nokia, do you really think that's a good idea? All it will do is get people more hacked off.

The team planned to release it a fortnight after the 300 were loaned. They realised there was more to do, so set it back 'about a month'. I'm quite sure that the relevent people are working flat out on Whatever It Is they decided to improve so it will be available asap. Remember, Nokia themselves have a pile of money tied up in this, along with a lot of corporate kudos. They want it in the shops before the holiday shoping starts more than we do!

Cut them a break. Yes, it's a pain. Frankly, I never believed the 9th was a real date. We will hear as soon as the devices are flashed with the release firmware and start shipping out of the factories, which as far as I know are in somewhere far flung like South America, not anywhere near Nokia UK (Milton Keynes?) or even Finland.

I'd love to believe the devices will be in people's paws this week. But it ain't gonna happen.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kalim13 View Post
not really, if you have seen the youtube videos from previous meetups, they like to showcase the phone.

Oh? you mean these?

Originally Posted by kalim13 View Post
if you already have the phone there is no point going to the meetup
I've heard there is a chance of winning an N900 and if the event is limited to eighty people then there is a one in eighty chance of winning a £500 device, well worth the £14 train fare.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
Has this already been here:
http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Nov2009/Nokia...firmed-3G.html

"UK : The widely anticipated Nokia N900 will launch on November 16th (Order yours here).

The Nokia N900 has been delayed due to some optimization of the Maemo 5 operating system, but its launch date is now certain."

Did anyone called up Nokia uk today to get a confermation of the release date or a revised release date.

Nuknuk, where are u dear

Originally Posted by PhilE View Post
17 minutes until close of business here in the UK.

I'm not going to cancel my pre-order, because sods law says that if I did, Nokia would ship the day after!
So it would be a nice gesture to cancel if this could make the big release happen!

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by meyma View Post
If people seem to change to the dark site (Windows Mobile, Android, iPhoo...) this would make Nokia concentrate their work to bring it on the market ASAP.
Never understood why Android is lumped in with MS and Apple - and considered 'dark side'. Android is darn good.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by 11/(14-17)/09 View Post
had to start anew... seppuku hurts yo.
Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.

Now I've got my Dorothy Parker quote out of the way, I might as well say that against my better judgement I rang Nokia to see what the state of play on my pre-order was. Chappie on the other end said that the N900 would be out before December. Which is exactly the official line. So chill out. Have a beer (assuming, unlike me, you're somewhere where that's possible). There are significantly worse things happening than not getting a new toy.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Damn, I was looking forward to it shipping today. I didn't want another thing I'd be waiting for on top of the Pandora.

x61: At the moment, I'm using a Sonim XP3. The DEXT is (probably) a loan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOW_IaB3S4c

let's all cancel our orders and get this one!

Tags
bumped by idiot?, impatience, n900 release, strange