Active Topics

Post some criticism that you've heard from people (in person) about your n900

Well although the n900 to me is more of tablet but yet to others they see it as a phone. Therefore, I always get comments like "Dude this thing is a brick" lol I just thought it's interesting to see what others say about your n900 or expression.

Oh yeah, I have someone who tries to pinch and zoom with my n900. I found it funny when he thinks the screen is not working LOL

Haha. +1 on the pinch zoom.

I get more wows out of people than criticisms.

most obvious is maybe limited portrait use.

I have my own criticisms, but leave them to the suggestions/bugs to be worked out.
-phone implementation
-bluetooth/wifi bug
-metal bezel ring that screws up photos when you use flash
-the front cam picture quality (using mirror)

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
No one has said it's too big to me... I guess it feels the right size to me. It isn't wider than my Bold, and it is as long as my N82, it's just thicker, which is understandable with the keyboard.

The criticism I've heard is that it isn't an iPhone. People admit they like the adverts and want to try the iPhone out.

telling me its a piece of crap . its a phone . basically saying it sucks because it doesnt have most of the apps the the smartphones today have YET . like mobbler / pandora , police radar thing , you know the smartphone apps . telling me i wasted 600 dollars because it sucks due to not having many apps any other phone can do what this "phone" can do . iPhone is better . etc etc etc w/e .

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Helsinki, Finland
"Iphone's screen is better" yeah, right!

Originally Posted by popwar View Post
telling me its a piece of crap . its a phone . basically saying it sucks because it doesnt have most of the apps the the smartphones today have YET . like mobbler / pandora , police radar thing , you know the smartphone apps . telling me i wasted 600 dollars because it sucks due to not having many apps any other phone can do what this "phone" can do . iPhone is better . etc etc etc w/e .
Things to do in that scenario.

- Slide out the "Physical" Keyboard
- Turn on GPS (My Location App is cool) and ask them if their phone can find them
- Use IR - Trigger a DSLR/turn on a TV.
- Turn on FM Transmitter
- Any combination of Multitasking (My favorite)
eg. I was using my phone to tether wifi to my laptop. Left IM conversations open. And proceeded to make important phonecalls. On another occasion, used GPS while driving and had FM transmitter playing an internet radio station in the car. lol. Ask them, "what other phone will do that?"

Well since there are many "WOW" thread out there I don't see the point of starting another one. But from my experience the Criticism comments from people are humorous.

@popwar: Dude that's hilarious. Typical yet still funny.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
i've had some stupid comments from people. some guy said the Samsung Omnia HD hardware is superior over the N900 lol. Such idiot don't even know any better. The only good thing of Omnia HD is it's has 8mp camera and AOLED screen. The OS is only symbian s60 and it's no longer support by Samsung.

The other things are, "i would throw it against the wall if i was you, It does not even usable with one hand".
"How is the portrait mode update coming along?"

An iphone user tried to pinch zoom my device too. lol. And he asking how many apps are there for this device?

i usually mocked the iphone user with this line "Um...Can you send that file to me through bluetooth?" or "hey do you want this ringtone? i'll send it to you through bluetooth"

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-01-27 at 06:31.

Well most people who criticize my n900 shuts up when I pull out a kick stand and browse the web while listening to music

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by vietn900 View Post
Well most people who criticize my n900 shuts up when I pull out a kick stand and browse the web while listening to music
lol yeah. but most people who criticising N900 are stupid because they have never use Linux before. LINUX IS FUN! AND frustrate at the same time if you don't jnow what you are doing.