find out exactly where the files are stored and let me know. It shouldn't be this difficult :/

You could setup VNC server on your n800(http://www.rwhitby.net/blog/n800/usi...okia-n800.html) and I can watch you as you do it if you would like help.

ok...I am SUPER close now...i feel it!...i got the libcap1 installed...however, when i go to install the avahi-daemon, it seems to be dependent on other ones which are not installed:libavahi-core4 , libavahi-common3, libdaemon0
what's the deal now??? geez...(frustration mounts)....do these need to be installed too???
Heeeeelp!

here's the exact error message:
/home/user # dpkg --install /media/mmc1/avahi-daemo n*.deb
(Reading database ... 17280 files and directories c urrently installed.)
Preparing to replace avahi-daemon 0.6.16-3maemo0 (u sing .../avahi-daemon_0.6.16-3maemo0_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement avahi-daemon ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of avahi-daemon:
avahi-daemon depends on libavahi-common3 (>= 0.6.1 0); however:
Package libavahi-common3 is not configured yet.
avahi-daemon depends on libavahi-core4 (>= 0.6.8); however:
Package libavahi-core4 is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing avahi-daemon (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
avahi-daemon
avahi-daemon
avahi-daemon

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
Way too much trouble to install programs. Whoever put Canola together should be ashamed of themselves!

...my two cents.

Omega

No Kidding!....has anyone else gotten the "NO ITEMS FOUND" after installing their Canola??...or is it limited to a few people?

I don't think it's the canola peoples fault, just a bad DEB file on the maemo server...

jack, looks like you already have avahi installed? Try installing canola again(after removing it completely) and see if it works. If not, try --replace instead of --install for avahi and then after it is removed do --install again

If that doesn't work, google for the DEB files to the dependencies it mentions. You can look on the oakcourt repo(sitory) too, it's probably there if avahi needs it,

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Oregon
Originally Posted by jackass124 View Post
No Kidding!....has anyone else gotten the "NO ITEMS FOUND" after installing their Canola??...or is it limited to a few people?
Trust me, it's not just you. I have had missing dependency issues getting it installed as well. I can get it to install to a point, but then it never works correctly afterwards. Think I'm gonna stick with UKMP and SyncTunes for now until this thing with the repos gets sorted out.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
Originally Posted by jackass124 View Post
And here all along for like the last week I thought it was just me, when it wasn't finding ANY of my media..

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ The Netherlands
Im getting the "unable to install canola" message to.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ The Netherlands
Got it working! I installed all the other libfiles that are needed. (in red pill mode)