So "OS2008 Feature Upgrade" came up on in "updates" on my N810 Diablo today. So I blindly told it to go for it.

Bad idea, I got an error about the Browser Daemon could not be found in the archives or something like that. So I thought I would reboot and see what happens.

Worse idea, Now the N810 just cycles a half bootup sequence, and reboots again and again.

I seem to remember having this problem once before and re-flashing wiped everything clean and made it boot again (which was a pain of course because I lost everying on the root file system).

This time, however I get an error:"
Finishing flashing ... Sending request 0x52 failed!
Unable to get error strings: Connection timed out.
"

(Oh yea, was using the Linux flasher, which had worked twice before, and on the exact same RX44... Image that I had used previously)

So still my N810 will not successfully boot.

So now what do I do? Anyone know what the "Cold Flash" is?

It would sure be nice to know how to get into a single user shell or some other "safe-boot" mode WHEN certain updates corrupt the OS like this. Maybe I should rebuild it as a dual boot (assuming I ever get it working again) so I can use one OS to repair the other.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Here exactly the same
Any idea?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Guys, providing the EXACT command that you used for flashing the device would be very helpful! ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
and "or something like that." comments also don't help me to reproduce the issue... :-(

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
I have the same problem...

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
My N800 Diablo took the Feature Upgrade (33 MB download) and worked fine after the reboot.

Problem might be confined to the N810?

Exactly the same thing here. N810, took the upgrade (33mb) and now it won't load at all. Nokia screen and the blue bar gets to about 90% and restarts.

If anyone has any thoughts at all I would be enormously grateful.

The Following User Says Thank You to tommydski For This Useful Post:
My N810 took the update without problem, only the same bugs still exist. Would be GREAT if they finally fixed the Modest E-mail issues. Maybe for Christmas, 2010. I just LOVE when it silently randomly crashes and I have to reboot to get it to open

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Sioux Falls SD
Advice for next time, wait a few days before you do a major update. (not being sarcastic) If you search the forum there are alot of people that have been having the same problem since the update came out a few days ago. I've been watching, seems alot of people have had to flash thier devices to get them running again.
Post starts here http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=23958

Last edited by Willowave; 2008-09-30 at 12:22.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowave For This Useful Post:
Honestly, this was the first time I didn't check the forums first.

I sort of assumed the update was minor and told it to proceed. Silly man!

If I can get it working again, I guess I'll write this one off as a lesson learned. Thanks anyhow.

Tags
can't boot, continous reboots, cycles, no boot, won't boot