Posts: 111 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Kazakhstan
Hi!

I had a problem with an application on my N9, and when I uninstall it, it just killed my N9 by deleting one by one the desktop icons (and what's behind).

So I had to flash my phone, and I took the files from NZ. The thing is that I have now a message each time I turn on my phone : "Warning you have modified the device software, making the waranty ..."

I don't give a **** about that message. But it might explain my problem.

So I'm trying to put a security lock. The phone locks itself after 5 minutes of not using it, and then ask for a password. My problem is here, I cannot set any. When I go in Settings > Security > Device lock > Security code it always says "Wrong security code". I tried the one I had before the flashing, but it doesn't help.

The thing is that it cannot be wrong as there is no code.

Can you guys help me to solve that issue ?
Thanks!

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
You cannot set device lock while beeing in open mode. You have to reflash to stock firmware in order to set the lock code.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Kazakhstan
What do you meen by "open mode" and "stock firmware ?
Thanks for the answer

Posts: 491 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Pordenone IT
you flashed a custom kernel (don't know how without knowing) now you have to flash emmc and fw

Originally Posted by lorenzo View Post
you flashed a custom kernel (don't know how without knowing) now you have to flash emmc and fw
Actually you dont have to flash emmc to get back into secure mode, its enough to flash the main firmware.

sudo flasher -f -F main.bin -R
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

I face the same issue with security lock. I can't set it, always says wrong code. This happened after i flashed my phone. I did flash main.bin.

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
I face the same issue with security lock. I can't set it, always says wrong code. This happened after i flashed my phone. I did flash main.bin.
if your forgotten your security code, you can reset it by reflashing with following command:

sudo flasher -f -F main.bin --erase-user-data=secure -R

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
In fact it does not have to be custom kernel to trigger open mode. it can be just wrong download process and broken firmware file. always compare crc32 with vpl file before flashing.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
if your forgotten your security code, you can reset it by reflashing with following command:

sudo flasher -f -F main.bin --erase-user-data=secure -R
I did not forget the security code, afte flashing when i tried to setup MfE, it asked for security code, since then i am trying to set the password. Its asking new password, i tried different passswords like 0000, 0 , 11111 etc.
I selected firmware using NaviFirm...

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
I did not forget the security code, afte flashing when i tried to setup MfE, it asked for security code, since then i am trying to set the password. Its asking new password, i tried different passswords like 0000, 0 , 11111 etc.
I selected firmware using NaviFirm...
And you are 100% sure that you are not in open mode (there are no warning screens when you boot up etc)? And you only used -f -F main.bin when flashing, as some arguments can trigger open mode? And how about when you change your security code from the settings UI?

And depending on MfE provider it can have some forced password policies, ie in some cases you must enter numbers+letters+special character, usually plain numbers are not enough, but you have to ask about those limitations from your MfE provider.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-04-03 at 13:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post: