Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Maybe someone could take a dental x-ray of the USB pad area, better if the USB port has already fallen off.
there were some x-rays kicking around somewhere on the forums.

Edit: Found them. Credit goes to lennartb

http://www.designer2k2.at/images/slide.jpg

It looks rather packed around the USB Port but a more detailed pictures might be helpful.

Last edited by quanttrom; 2011-01-23 at 16:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to quanttrom For This Useful Post:
That just became my new wallpaper!

Anyway DId anyone see what I posted before? I need to get my n900 repaired, Does anyone know of a repair service?

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
i use it daily and very often.. no sign of damage

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ San Diego
Mine broke a few days ago when I took it off the charger, I took pictures of everything and sent it in with the broken USB port in Ziploc bag and the phone in an ESD bag

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I took a nail clipper to grab the clips on the plug and rip them out. It was not difficult.

Now I don't get haptic feedback anymore when the connector is fully in (just gently push it in and its OK, apply no force) and it can be pulled out easily. It's a fine solution for overnight charging, as nobody is touching the device during that time anyway.

Bye, bye, paranoia! Finally I can sleep well again.
I followed your advice and it was indeed quite easy. No more forcing the connector in or out and that paranoid feeling has finally gone.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Brazil
Hi all!

I also tripped over the charger cable and the N900 USB connector came out.

Has anyone here repaired this on your own? Or do you know where I can send it for repair (Lagos, Nigeria is not an option for me, but maybe in Brazil or USA, FL)?

Hey all ...

I contacted nokia last week to arrange sending my phone for repair as the charger port inside had come loose.

On the repair status online it said they had repaired my phone and was being shipped back to me .....

Received my phone this morning to see that they had just taken the usb port connector out therefore I have no way of charging up my phone as there is nothing to put my charger into it ..... on the form they included in the parcel it said my warranty was void due to physical damage??

Any ideas on what I can do now? I am so angry with them.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Brazil
I wrote to Nokia and they recommended two third party repair centers:Did you send your phone for any of them to repair? Could you tell us how was your experience?

I wrote them and both replied saying they can repair my phone (for something from US$ 65 to US$ 72, plus S&H)! But it seems I'll have to wait until next time I'll be in the USA...

Last edited by Ricardo; 2011-01-24 at 21:10.

My touch screen stopped responding and luckily my warranty was due to expire in two weeks. Sent the device to Nokia USA and got the original back two weeks later. The technician report was a faulty usb port and no charging!!! However, the device works now. bummed!

Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
I saw another post saying that a USB port broke. Can't see it myself. Looks rather sturdy to me...
Mine came right out yesterday. called nokia 14 months olds so no help with them . took the unit appart and what a stupid design no proper securing mounts to board but 4 very small solder pads. This piece needs to be secured and not by solder. I will attempt a repair today.
Never again nokia...Burn we once not ever again......

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty