Poll: Do you like EasyList?
Poll Options
Do you like EasyList?

Originally Posted by Willem Liu View Post
The confirmation dialog is now available since version 0.3.18 and newer.
It is really neat that you have added a confirmation dialog when pressing 'Clear Checked'.

Could you do the same for the 'Uncheck All' button? I have several times accidently pressed that one (while trying to do flick scrolling) and thus lost the information about what I have already put to the shopping basket.

Oh, and thanks for the nice app

The Following User Says Thank You to generationally For This Useful Post:
Posts: 239 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by generationally View Post
It is really neat that you have added a confirmation dialog when pressing 'Clear Checked'.

Could you do the same for the 'Uncheck All' button? I have several times accidently pressed that one (while trying to do flick scrolling) and thus lost the information about what I have already put to the shopping basket.

Oh, and thanks for the nice app
I will look into that soon. Should be in the next version.

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
In Extras-Develop.

easylist (0.3.22) unstable; urgency=low

* Now the list is also saved under its list name.

-- Willem Liu <willem.liu@gmail.com> Sat, 26 Mar 2011 11:17:23 +0100
That was a quick adaptation! I see you implemented a SelectedListName in the config file. It now behaves exactly as I expected it to behave
It would also be handy if I could see what my current list is on the main screen. But that's a minor thing, and if you don't want to waste a little precious screen space for that I can understand.

Well, time to press the donate link...

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ade View Post
That was a quick adaptation! I see you implemented a SelectedListName in the config file. It now behaves exactly as I expected it to behave
It would also be handy if I could see what my current list is on the main screen. But that's a minor thing, and if you don't want to waste a little precious screen space for that I can understand.

Well, time to press the donate link...
In the next version, 0.3.23, your currently SelectedListName will show in the Lists... overview in the text edit line.
At the moment I can't really find an unused space in the main screen to show the list name.

Thank you for using my app and many thanks for your generous donation. I hope the app serves you well.

Now that I'm back in business with PR1.3 packaging I might be able to pick up some of my work-in-progress projects/experiments.

In Extras-Testing.

easylist (0.3.23) unstable; urgency=low

* Added prompt when clicked Uncheck All.
* Selected list name shows in "List..." overview.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 253 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Virginia
What would be awesome is a way to send recipes to my phone and it auto-creates a shopping list. Maybe a way to sync easy list as an app on the desktop could work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dotblank For This Useful Post:
I actually decided to hack around with your code a bit. I will be posting my changes to github and you can pull my changes if you'd like

https://github.com/dotblank/easylist

I submitted two super small things.

Originally Posted by Dotblank View Post
What would be awesome is a way to send recipes to my phone and it auto-creates a shopping list. Maybe a way to sync easy list as an app on the desktop could work.
That sounds like a great feature, but I don't know if I'm able to pull it off.

Lets brainstorm here for a bit. I could however try to create a website which allows users to create their own lists and have EasyList sync with it with the press of 1 button.
Ofourse then there would be a need for a place to save the login credentials in the EasyList app. This would be a one-time thing. Once setup the sync button should work.

It would be even better to have an SSL connection, but is there a need for that for simple lists... I don't really think so.

Creating the website would take a bit of time as well as designing the protocol between the website and EasyList.
On the website you should be able to create your lists. All of these lists are going to be synced with EasyList. On the website you should also be able to make one of those lists as the selected list. That way EasyList loads that list.

Problem with syncing is always who should overwrite who when there is a conflict. I could make it easy for myself and let the user decide. Or make it harder and save change timestamps for lists and have the newer overwrite the older.

Or a completely different approach is to have only one list on the website. This list always syncs to one specific list name in EasyList. The website list always overwrites the app list.

It's a very interesting idea, but I don't know if I will ever find enough time to implement this.

Originally Posted by Dotblank View Post
I actually decided to hack around with your code a bit. I will be posting my changes to github and you can pull my changes if you'd like

https://github.com/dotblank/easylist

I submitted two super small things.
Thanks for your improvement. I'll add your ifdef statement to my branch the first chance I get.

Last edited by Willem Liu; 2011-04-29 at 07:56.

That sounds like a great feature, but I don't know if I'm able to pull it off.

Lets brainstorm here for a bit. I could however try to create a website which allows users to create their own lists and have EasyList sync with it with the press of 1 button.
Ofourse then there would be a need for a place to save the login credentials in the EasyList app. This would be a one-time thing. Once setup the sync button should work.

It would be even better to have an SSL connection, but is there a need for that for simple lists... I don't really think so.

Creating the website would take a bit of time as well as designing the protocol between the website and EasyList.
On the website you should be able to create your lists. All of these lists are going to be synced with EasyList. On the website you should also be able to make one of those lists as the selected list. That way EasyList loads that list.

Problem with syncing is always who should overwrite who when there is a conflict. I could make it easy for myself and let the user decide. Or make it harder and save change timestamps for lists and have the newer overwrite the older.

Or a completely different approach is to have only one list on the website. This list always syncs to one specific list name in EasyList. The website list always overwrites the app list.

It's a very interesting idea, but I don't know if I will ever find enough time to implement this.
Well I'm busy coding a simple socket server in there and a remembered host list so you can easily send lists from desktop version to phone over ip.

I should have it working fairly soon. (Assuming it works on first go)

Tags
shoppinglist