Originally Posted by mosen View Post
You would need to ask them if Qwertz is still up for order or if that was a one time offer.
It is still an option at order page (only for Europe) so I assume (and hope) it is not a one-time option.

However, it was good to see finally also the QWERTZ version.
I have also ordered that because of the shifted layout seemed to be farther to any other layouts and I would like to use national (not German) characters. I didn't like the idea of modified (shifted) QWERTY, if an unshifted QWERTY would have been existed then I would bought that one but definitively not the shifted version.

However, I am in the second batch sadly.

I also hope they will have an option of unshifted QWERTY keyboard but I did not see it mentioned in forums...

Last edited by VaZso; 2019-11-19 at 18:29.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
I have the Qwertz version which was developed with the community. I have not checked the shop but all variants that exist are Qwerty and Qwertz.
Nordic guys discussed in FX-Forum which variant would be better to adapt for scandic users and concluded that Qwerty is probably closest.
I wonder how the qwertz is viable at all but apparently FX saw a market or wanted to show of flexibility.
You would need to ask them if Qwertz is still up for order or if that was a one time offer.
support@fxtec.com is responsive within 24h.
Thanks! I think plain qwerty one didn't have nordics, and that was the main reason for me to not to jump into early wagon with this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
Thanks! I think plain qwerty one didn't have nordics, and that was the main reason for me to not to jump into early wagon with this.
Maybe this is worth knowing about: https://android.onse.fi/finqwerty/pro1.html

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Another Unboxing of the Qwertz version from TeZtdevice who drove all the way from munich to the Bonn Froscon presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn4RHNfDPLE

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Ok, got mine as well today. Don't have to much time at the moment. But did of course some tests.

First objective impressions:

Even so it is much thinner than the N900 (the whole phone is just as thick as the keyboard part of the N900) it is a quite big and heavy phone. I didn't expect it to be different, anyway I would have preferred a smaller (not thinner) phone. For my hands it is not that easy to reach every button on the keyboard. But I think I get used to it. On the other hand being thicker than the XperiaX I use at the moment makes it much saver to hold.

Build quality is excellent. The only things to criticize:
The slider snaps in place quite hard. I hope it gets a little bit softer with time. The keyboard backlight is - like it was already reported - a little bit uneven, but who cares.

All things I tested worked fine. Sound of the phone is very good (earplugs and speaker). Camera quality with stock android camera app seems to be good. Screen is bright and you can dim it down quite low.

The biggest let down on the Pro1 is the OS. Android feels just horribly wrong. I wanted to start the notes app, just to test the keyboard. But you can't do that without having a google account. What the hell....

I hope I will find some time on the weekend to flash Sailfish on it.

Thanks to chen and his team! They did a great job!

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Just download Evernote from apk mirror.
Enable unknown sources in the browser from the phone settings and you will be able to sideload whatever apk you want.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
Just download Evernote from apk mirror.
Enable unknown sources in chrome and you will be able to sideload whatever apk you want.
And root, remove the google trash, or flash lineage.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I've already used F-Droid and downloaded a notes app fro there. I just wanted to point out how sick stock android is.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
But Cmon! If this phone had a keyboard, wouldn't have it been shown into the videos as first thing?
No, I'm sure, one more disappointed hope, this phone has no keyboard!

I was sure

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Everything is google services related when you use a fork that is almost pure android.
Double edged sword I'd say.
Privacy wise it's just a nightmare. But productivity wise, it just works seamlessly.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit