Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by thej80 View Post
image- , video- and audioeditors would be nice. something basic and lightweight editing options?
Ansel-A is an excellent image editor. Or try GIMP with easy debian.

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
CMIIW, but beside Nokia, all other phone manufacturer's current (and announced future) line up of phones do not include the ability to do 3G video phones.

Android is getting to mid/high line up of the big manufacturers (Samsung, LG, Moto, etc) and Android doesn't have 3G video yet (nor in their roadmap), do they?
Forgive this expression, but I don't really give a d@mn what the new phones have. I'm using the N900 presently and a so-called 'important' feature I would really like is the 3G video call because it's more cost effective using it in my country rather than Skype over Wlan or data service. Also, to get all my contacts on Skype video call will be another 3-6 years time. And it makes the phone 'complete'.

It won't be the end of the world if the N900 does not have 3G video call, but as far as this thread goes (what kind of applications are you missing), I would really like to have 3G video call on top of some apps that cook porridge or boil eggs.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
i would like a better music tuning and metronome application to at least match the apple version for thier phones.

the current products are not accurate enough, and skip beats.

:/

The Following User Says Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
Forgive this expression, but I don't really give a d@mn what the new phones have. I'm using the N900 presently and a so-called 'important' feature I would really like is the 3G video call because it's more cost effective using it in my country rather than Skype over Wlan or data service. Also, to get all my contacts on Skype video call will be another 3-6 years time. And it makes the phone 'complete'.

It won't be the end of the world if the N900 does not have 3G video call, but as far as this thread goes (what kind of applications are you missing), I would really like to have 3G video call on top of some apps that cook porridge or boil eggs.
Although I personally have no use for 3G video,
I can see your point and do wonder if anyone has looked into
whether the n900 could conceivably run a 3G video call.
Aside from the actual 3G comms API to the GSM chip,
it would probably just need to be coded into being ? or not?

It is at least a question worth asking.

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by dbrodie View Post
I am really missing KeePassX,
And a better PDF reader would be nice (remember where you are in each file, better search, table of contents, etc...)
I use the n900 as a netbook replacement, so I sync all of my relevant files in a folder with Drop900/DropBox, I use the Freoffice for the word/excels I use for work, and PDF reader for the pdfs from university, I use Git for syncing some of my devel projects, and more, the only thing I am missing is getting KeePassX to wok decently so I can use it to manage my passwords...
Have you tried PortaBase? I made a simple list in a .csv file and read it into an encrypted PortaFase file - with the fields *I* wanted! :-)

PS I did the initial creation on my PC using the PC version. I often read and edit the files on my N900 using my PC and Mass Storage Mode.

Last edited by RWFarley; 2011-01-15 at 04:35. Reason: more info

The Following User Says Thank You to RWFarley For This Useful Post:
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Oh yes, and MY requests:

About a dozen Apps in Dev that look like what I need
....I've only been so bold as to grab Gnumeric and Abiword, But I'm thinking Abiword was one "Dev" too many :-(

"Bookmarking" Twitter Client
....Pick up where I left off last time

Turn by turn navigation

Astronomical Calendar/Ephemeris
....Like gSky Digest

Sync N900 Calendar+Contacts with Thunderbird/Lightning
....OK this is OVI's job, but I'm just saying...

Better documentation of many of the programs that already exist, as well as some kind soul to compare, e.g. the various Map apps or the various eBook apps, etc.
....I don't document my work either, but...

:-)

PS Is there a PowerPoint viewer yet?

Last edited by RWFarley; 2011-01-15 at 04:41. Reason: more info

The Following User Says Thank You to RWFarley For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post

Well, good luck with the wait then
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
+1 for a good music manager. something that can edit multiple id3 tags and support renaming, etc. Also like the idea of finance app which can download ofx data at regular interval and show data in various views. also qwerty portrait keyboard.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manavs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Have you tried http://touch.facebook.com ?
Yes and I dont like it, it has very basic functionality. If you ever saw iPhone or Android or even S60 app you'll know what I mean

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by RWFarley View Post
Turn by turn navigation
:-)
Ovi Maps
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66985

and ModRana
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58861

Tags
applications, coding, competition, ideas, nokia n900