Active Topics

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by rcs1000 View Post
Ah hem...
Nokia E72 "in stores now" in PR from Nokia.
That was announced shipping on 4 November.

Assuming the factory to shop timings are the same (and there's no reason why they wouldn't be), then we should see devices late this week, or early next.

It *always* takes 10 - 14 days from announcement of shipping (from factory in Korea) to shop in London. Only in this forum to do we demand minute by minute updates...
I don't demand minute-to-minute update.. but if nokia knows of this 10-14 days delay, they could tell maybe ? All I know is that nokia has shipped it (presumably to me ? or ? maybe to someone else ? or , eh just put it on a boat and shipping it a little bit around in the ocean ? )

Nokia is shipping millions of phones from their factories to costumers each year.. They KNOW how long it takes ..

Originally Posted by switch2ux View Post
He keeps to post "Keep #n900 stuffed with apps: http://bit.ly/TVwkr" in twitter each day ... that's all
i've seen it,
He's just a Nokia employee

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by mklass View Post
Yep...You are completely right.. Personally I'd have just used the other thread until some body actually received the device then created this thread, but some people seem to create threads for any kind of news or info regarding the N900..
Me too. With the obvious delays, and everyone stating that they wouldn't believe any of the supposed dates until someone actually had one in their hand- I didn't see the point myself.

The Following User Says Thank You to ninjaboxergirl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 142 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by mak View Post
i've seen it,
He's just a Nokia employee
Of course, but everytime I read this it's like adding insult to injury

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by maxximum View Post
I don't demand minute-to-minute update.. but if nokia knows of this 10-14 days delay, they could tell maybe ? All I know is that nokia has shipped it (presumably to me ? or ? maybe to someone else ? or , eh just put it on a boat and shipping it a little bit around in the ocean ? )

Nokia is shipping millions of phones from their factories to costumers each year.. They KNOW how long it takes ..
Yep- I'd say so too.

The Following User Says Thank You to ninjaboxergirl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by switch2ux View Post
Of course, but everytime I read this it's like adding insult to injury
It's frustrating being told constantly what we could do with our N900...only if we had it of course.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by ninjaboxergirl View Post
Me too. With the obvious delays, and everyone stating that they wouldn't believe any of the supposed dates until someone actually had one in their hand- I didn't see the point myself.
All I can do is hope that it will arrive one day this week if not guess what I'll do......Wait some more haa.

People make me laugh when they threaten to cancel their pre-order and never do like this is gonna make Nokia ship faster.

All We can do is wait wait and wait some more....

I guarantee on the morning when people start to receive their device the forum will be dead for around 1-2 hours while people have a play...

Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
It's frustrating being told constantly what we could do with our N900...only if we had it of course.
Exactly. We're already convinced by the n900, we don't need to be shown any more promotional videos, we ordered it... That said, although it's annoying me now, I don't intend to cancel

Originally Posted by m3kyd View Post
I just wanna know why the hell Amazon USA says AFTER dec 25 ???????!!!! does anybody not see it who oredered from there also?
Mine just says: We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date. You can cancel at any time.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by hallokitty View Post
Exactly. We're already convinced by the n900, we don't need to be shown any more promotional videos, we ordered it... That said, although it's annoying me now, I don't intend to cancel
no me neither, this is exactly the device I want, I'm not going to throw a hissy fit and spite myself by cancelling the order. But I have been a little disappointed by the lack of communication from Nokia and the retailers over this.

Am I in the grip of gadget lust? Of course, I know this behaviour isn't rational, sitting at my computer when I should be working pressing the refresh button on my keyboard every 2 or 3 minutes to see if there has been any change in the status of my order. But this kind of devotion is exactly what Nokia would like from their customers, this kind of brand loyalty, there's no point them acting all surprised when we bug them every five minutes to find out what the hell is going on...

The Following User Says Thank You to dreadnought For This Useful Post: