Notices

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Is Maemo development that bad? Surely you can't beat the flexibility of being able to choose which language you want to write your application in, with a whole Linux OS to pick and choose your functionality from.

Java might be a lot easier but surely its not as good for anything that pushes the hardware such as emulators?

Oh don't get me wrong.

I still find the whole process of package management convoluted, DBUS registrations, etc Loads of others get along with it fine so I blame my own limitations, it's just frustration though, lol. Best I managed to do back in the day was leave CWiid loaded through a terminal in the backdrop.

The Following User Says Thank You to yabbas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
That's a shame. Maybe you could find a collaborator who can help with the package stuff, and you just do the coding? Still, if you've moved on already, then that's cool.

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Well, I have tried installing the SDK on Ubuntu 9.04 and got stuck.
So I then tried the VMware image instead, and am still stuck. LOL

Its a far cry from Visual Studio, well maybe not THAT far but figuring out how to get started is a lot harder. I will be coding in Python which I have never used before either.

Actually, we are getting a bit off-topic here.

Last edited by Alex Atkin UK; 2009-10-01 at 07:16.

Hi,

I've recently started some development work on maemo 5 related to CWiid and some of my tasks are related to the yabbas' original To-Do list. The git repo I'm using can be found here http://github.com/pekkav/cwiid.

Originally Posted by yabbas View Post
To-do:
1) Fix CWiid automated Wiimote detection by using DBus methods.
2) Create debian installation package.
3) Find a means to hook the mouse driver to the tablet.
4) Hildonize WMGui
5) Find means to fix maemo software keyboard not working on insmod.
6) Create menus for:
* Starting and stopping (insmod/rmmod) kernel modules.
* Starting/Stopping wminput with autoconfigure.
* WMGui
1) Somewhat done, see libcwiid/backgroundconnect.c. I've started to implement there a background procedure for searching and connecting Wiimotes.
2) Done
4) Partly done, I added a new component wmgui-maemo for hildonized UI. It's not as feature rich as wmgui yet but it can be used to see that connecting and basic data transfer is working.

Compiling the package:
1. aclocal
2. autoconf
3. dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc -D

Last edited by DJPecu; 2010-01-10 at 12:47.