Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
H there all.

Im haeving frustrating problem. After installing cssu and enableibg screen rotation one difficult problem appear.

When I keep my tablet horizontaly volume up is controlled by the right volume key (lets say key-A) and volume down by left volume key (lets say key-b).

When my tablet is in vertical position keyA controls vol down and keyB controls vol up.

Is it possible to set volume keys static? No matter what position is my tablet at any moment, one button controls vol up, second vol down.

It is frustrating when im walking around with headphones and with n900 in my pocket. I cat say what position is on (my tablet). S when i try to get music louder its silencing or otherwise.

Please help.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ridd92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Ridd92 View Post
Is it possible to set volume keys static?
I hope not. Static volume keys assignment is the most irritating feature on my Jolla and my kids' tablets. In the worst case, please at the very least make it non-default.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
@Ridd92 .. actually this is a "feature." It is described in the Hildon Style Guide document. Maybe it is possible to change the behavior, but as I'm no dev. myself, I don't know.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I hope not. Static volume keys assignment is the most irritating feature on my Jolla and my kids' tablets. In the worst case, please at the very least make it non-default.
Never said I want it to be default, what I want is an ability to change it.

Maybe for you static volume keys on other devices is irritating but as I mentioned for me non-static ones are the worst nightmare.

Still waiting for somebody who will help, I don't believe it is so hard and at least should be possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ridd92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Hungary
You know, you can lock the rotation, so your device wont change your volume keys behaviors, no matter how you put it in your pocket :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dy1ng For This Useful Post: