Google mail just turned on the IMAP support. I can set up the account on the N800 fine but I cannot read any emails. I can only retrieve headers, not the emails. When I click on one of the email headers, N800 says "retrieving" but gets stuck forever.

If I close the email application, I cannot re run it without power cycling the N800.

Does anyone have any luck with getting GMail IMAP working on N800?

Thanks.

Max

Originally Posted by picmax View Post
If I close the email application, I cannot re run it without power cycling the N800.
This is because the osso-email helper program that downloads emails is stuck. You can avoid power cycling your N800 by entering the command (without quotes) 'killall enprocess' in osso-xterm (or in the 'run' field of load-applet-run if you have it installed).

Originally Posted by picmax View Post
Does anyone have any luck with getting GMail IMAP working on N800?
I had the same problem you described. But Claws Mail with Gmail's "Configuring other mail clients" settings works for me.
I am still playing with it though, so I don't know how good it is.
The setup is a pain; I had to enter the account info, edit the account info again to add the SSL and Advanced setup info, then "rebuild the folder tree".
Edit: Claws shows all the gmail folders as opposed to Ossomail.

Last edited by nubiatech; 2007-10-29 at 11:20.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ england
Since changeing the built in mail app over to imap for gmail mine has done nothing but hang repeatedly. Even after killing the process, rebooting or power cycling it just loves to hang and on occasions even causes the whole os to become unstable requiring a reboot to return to normal ops.
Has anyone with access to os2008 tried imap to see if this issue still remains...?

I just set up Claws to rock with gmail. Works perfectly. Took a little hunting around in claws as some of the config settings are a little tough to find. But it's killer. Only 2 small issues, the full screen toggle key on the top of the n800 opens up the address book, not sure how to turn that off. And it would be nice to have a button set up to send an email to the 'all mail' folder, as in gmail's archive mail command. I found the gmail imap setup help very good. Worth the switch for Claws' configurable font sizes alone!

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ France
I am having the same problem , retrieves headers and gets stuck on the message body.
Seems to work OK using POP mail but not as useful.
IMAP works fine in Thunderbird under Linux on my Desktop.
Anyone got gmail working with the built-in Mail application ?

Thanks
cybergypsy

God this pains me to see that IMAP is still broken since the release of the Nokia 770. What. The. Hell.