Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
I recently brought a holster similar to what I have for my phone that goes on my belt. It is made for smarphone and fits nice with my n810.

The N810, as it turns out, is just a bit smaller than the pocketable Moleskine notebook. Rather than cut up a perfectly good notebook, I made a custom Moleskine-inspired cover cut-to-size with an elastic chord to secure the flap. It's precisely sized to allow the stand to fold out behind when needed, and closes securely enough to trigger the Autolock app the disables the touchscreen in darkenss.

Usage-wise, I've found the "flip open" gesture much faster than the "remove from Nokia sleeve" gesture, and by using a cover a hair less than the dimensions of the device makes it easier to carry (and therefore more likely to be used).

I'm happy to post photos tomorrow if folks are interested.

The N810, as it turns out, is just a bit smaller than the pocketable Moleskine notebook. Rather than cut up a perfectly good notebook, I made a custom Moleskine-inspired cover cut-to-size with an elastic chord to secure the flap. It's precisely sized to allow the stand to fold out behind when needed, and closes securely enough to trigger the Autolock app the disables the touchscreen in darkenss.

Usage-wise, I've found the "flip open" gesture much faster than the "remove from Nokia sleeve" gesture, and by using a cover a hair less than the dimensions of the device makes it easier to carry (and therefore more likely to be used).

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by digittante View Post

I love DIY stuff..so please post photos
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Greater Boston
Originally Posted by jswayze View Post
Hi All,

I just pulled the trigger on an N810, and I'm trying to figure out how I'll be carrying it around. I want to keep this thing with me everywhere, much like the Treo it will be replacing.

Based on the threads I've read here, it looks like people are using Nintendo DS and PSP cases for their 770s, but the 810 is smaller, and I haven't seen any suggestions yet. I'm assuming then that no companies have produced cases yet?

I'm concerned that it will be a bit too big to carry on my belt (and may exceed the "ubergeek threshold" at work) so maybe some sort of zip-up notebook/PDA combo case would do the trick.

So, back to the topic, how are you carrying around your N810?
Your n810 will come with a bracket that will allow you to mount it in your car. I took that and a piece of 5" PVC pipe and created an arm mount. It stays in place quite well. I've even managed to fall into a stream and it's stayed in place, above the water.

Of course I'll only wear the arm mount when I'm hiking or geocaching because it far exceeds geekiness.