Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Anyone know Boston and where to go shopping.

I'll be there for a meeting the week after next and have a Sunday and a Tuesday night free to sightsee and spend money on unnecessary electronic nick-nacks. I don't know where I'll be staying, but the meeting is at the Hynes Convention Center, so I should be near by.

I need to buy:

- compact digital camera (Canon IXUS or similar)
- 1 TB USB/firewire/net external hard drive

Internet shopping isn't possible. so I just need a store or two that should have reasonable prices and a good choice.
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

Dormant,
The MicroCenter is on Memorial Drive across the river in Cambridge MA. It's about a 1.5 mi. walk or a 3 min. drive from the Hines Conv. Center. http://www.microcenter.com/at_the_stores/index.html

Enjoy your visit.
SpeedyM

I second that. Microcenter is definitely where you want to go!

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Sounds good.

Only problem is it stocks the n810 and I'm not sure if i can resist that particular temptation. The n800 does all I want at the moment, and I keep telling myself to wait for the next model.

Thanks.
  • crossed fingers

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Greater Boston
Yeah, Microcenter is the place in the city.

If you have transport I'd suggest getting to a CompUSA in either Nashua or Salem NH. NH has no sales tax and both stores are going out of business.

Microcenter was a bit of a disappointment. They didn't have the camera I wanted. Their computer said they had another item I was after, but no-one could find it. But I got my 1TB hard drive.

And it was a nice walk.

I ended up getting the camera from amazon, with their guaranteed next-day delivery to my hotel.
  • crossed fingers