Active Topics

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Montpellier, France
Originally Posted by garamsauce3 View Post
I was having the same problem. Try taking the battery out and putting it back. That worked for me.
I confirm, I had this bug at the very beginning, and a simple battery removal solved the problem

The Following User Says Thank You to ravioli156 For This Useful Post:
Bizzare! I thought my keyboard backlight (and indicator LED) was borked, and didn't even come back after reboots. But pull out the battery and presto! Back in action.

Thanks for the tip

--Brock

none of the solution work for me....
i tried everything but still my keyboard light doesn't lit up
i know this is something related to software. only once when i restored factory settings it did light up but then again went off in seconds.
pls someone help!!

Originally Posted by richard.lawry View Post
none of the solution work for me....
i tried everything but still my keyboard light doesn't lit up
i know this is something related to software. only once when i restored factory settings it did light up but then again went off in seconds.
pls someone help!!
try this
navigate to /etc/mce/mce.ini and replace mce.ini with the one i am uploading (extract the mce.tar content). use filebox to navigate (with root enabled). then reboot.. if this doesnt help..flashing your f.w. and emmc is suggested.

Originally Posted by tusharmax View Post
try this
navigate to /etc/mce/mce.ini and replace mce.ini with the one i am uploading (extract the mce.tar content). use filebox to navigate (with root enabled). then reboot.. if this doesnt help..flashing your f.w. and emmc is suggested.
sorry i am totally new to maemo.. pls let me know how to enable root and where is your attachment?

There's a small magnet right above the u,i and o keys, it might have become loose or something. It is used to determine the sensor for the keyboard slider.

hello tusharmax, where is the attachment?

oh Sorry guys. forgot to upload the attachment. Surfing via fone is a lill tedious you see.. he he

Anyways in relation to filebox and root

go to application manager and install these - rootsh, filebox

launch rootsh, go to settings ( its located among the right hand side icons, the 4th one ), scroll down..select.. "enable root access".. restart. And than change the mce.ini file with the one i have uploaded via filebox. It only works if your mce.ini file is damaged.. if a hardware or other software failure is the issue than it wouldnt be of much help.

http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=30001 (mce.ini link)