Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
qPhone! I like it. Sounds like iPhone but different.

When will the hype train leave the station? Who will be the driver?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Good open communication from Chen, hoping he can turn a bad situation into a success.

The new Q-device (aka "chenphone") does seem like a better technical solution overall, with a much simpler organisational structure - so there should in theory be fewer points of failure.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Good open communication from Chen, hoping he can turn a bad situation into a success.

The new Q-device (aka "chenphone") does seem like a better technical solution overall, with a much simpler organisational structure - so there should in theory be fewer points of failure.
Isn’t a qwerty slider device with OS a much trickier mission with more points of failure?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Great news!

There is hope...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Isn’t a qwerty slider device with OS a much trickier mission with more points of failure?
I'm optimistic. Hopefully the experience gathered by not producing a keyboard mod for a year and a half will allow him to not produce a phone much more quickly. This has the potential to beat the jolla tablet as the fastest "product announcement" -> "never mind" cycle yet!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to khm For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
haha yeah people were super unfriendly last time when i said there were serious red flags in modkbd campaign, thought i'd ride it out

how's life here?
hmmm, why not call me out but write "people". sorry i kind of felt bad already back then but still i for once did not critisice you for raising the red flag, but how you did it (in your position as a successfull deliverer of a kbd).
Now that the Mod hit the fan, yeah its great to be the one having warned first. Congrats. Victory granted if you insist. But again, thats the problem. I was hoping for a "together" kind of spirit.
We are so few, why hack on each other?

btw, great work with your EV. I'd buy one if you mass produce

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
hmmm, why not call me out but write "people". sorry i kind of felt bad already back then but still i for once did not critisice you for raising the red flag, but how you did it (in your position as a successfull deliverer of a kbd).
Now that the Mod hit the fan, yeah its great to be the one having warned first. Congrats. Victory granted if you insist. But again, thats the problem. I was hoping for a "together" kind of spirit.
We are so few, why hack on each other?
Well. Yeah I dunno. I'm not happy that 1653 people that are excited about hwkbd phones were robbed of 160kE. Good intentions or not from Chen, it was obvious for me this was unrealistic. People were cheering for over a year and were disappointed and the money is gone. That sucks.

Sure he offers refunds, but how many people are going to do that effort AND will meet this two week deadline? Oh yeah and while 1653 people were waiting I was actually working on another project! What kind of bs is that I mean really. People ask in the igg page to extend this refund period untill after this new phone is available for sale and that is the only question not answered. It fits the picture.

But yeah who am I kidding, making a kwkbd phone is a lot easier that just making a kb obviously. Q4 release is obviously a realistic timeline and this time just give him a bit more money and he superpromises to not let you wait for a year before cancelling this time. Sure

Why hack on each other? Why give your honest opinion when you want to protect your guys from burning 160k?

Dave, I leave the honours of starting the 11 day countdown till Q4 starts and qphone deliveries start to you

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I'm optimistic, too. Because I trust Chen for what he has already achieved and because there are few alternatives left.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Oh yeah and while 1653 people were waiting I was actually working on another project! What kind of bs is that I mean really.
Not much of help possibly to your opinion, but you have seen Chen posting here about his Phone since
around a year?
It did not quite fall from heaven and the Mod was seen as a step on the way (at least here, igg dunno). Sure, what Mod fail means for Chens Phone is to be seen.
Anyway, glad we have the "super unfriendly" out of the way (i guess?).

Ah yes, and robbed is maybe the wrong word.
I got robbed of my Nexus 5 yesterday (I bought it from tommo here on the forum)
Carelessly left it in the hotelroom. A cleaning personel must have mad a quick snatch. So... now i feel insecure and will not leave anything of worth in this hotel.
Do i feel insecure because Moto Mod failed? Make a guess.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
I'm optimistic, too. Because I trust Chen for what he has already achieved and because there are few alternatives left.
Wut

10chars

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:

Tags
n950 revival, q-device, qwerty keyboard, sailfishos, sailingchen