Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by carlosgonz View Post
@rinigus search in nearby-place definitely never worked to me even in poor/whoogo/pure. i am using too osmscount from karry, but this has a high precision to find nearby-places.
I do wonder where it fails. Recently, @otsaloma has added autocomplete and I have added autocomplete for OSM Scout Server types. I do wonder whether you use it.

Namely, when you use Nearby search, you have to choose one of the suggested types by OSM Scout Server. Don't invent any other types than in a list. If such type is selected and you cannot find something, but can with @Karry's osmscout, please let me know. Its easier to debug when I know the details. Ideally, submit it as an issue for OSM Scout Server then

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
New Pure Maps release is out: 1.4.0

I have used POI icons from Maki icon set. Feel free to complain and discuss if its a reasonable choice. For cases, such as Show all in search, we need icons that would be able to show two POIs nearby - hence rather thin icon.

As for icons, we would probably need more contrast current location icons (with and without directions). For keeping it future proof, would be great to get them in SVG. Any artists?

I will start to look into the other issues now.
Hi rinigus, of course I'm always willing to help. Even so that I'm not used to make SVGs, if its just some simple Icons, that shouldn't be to hard. Anyway I should know what exactly you need. Aren't there already Icons for showing position? Or are these just not contrasty enough? If so wouldn't it make sense to just adjust them?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
avatar-waypoint/poi as i promised example. due to the main feature v1.4.0

edit: sailfishos do avatar in gallery.
Attached Images

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2018-09-03 at 17:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Hi rinigus, of course I'm always willing to help. Even so that I'm not used to make SVGs, if its just some simple Icons, that shouldn't be to hard. Anyway I should know what exactly you need. Aren't there already Icons for showing position? Or are these just not contrasty enough? If so wouldn't it make sense to just adjust them?

the files that probably need to be changed are position-direction.svg and the variants for the dark maps (white and magenta). In particular, I often have heard complaints that its hard to see the blue marker on the blue line, and such. So, we need to make it to ensure visibility.

Now, I like Osmo's icons a lot and would be nice to keep the them as a visual identity. So, its some patch on top of them, I guess.

It would probably make sense to start with the blue version only and see where it brings us. The dark version variants can be swapped later.

PS: no rush this time

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
pure maps v1.4 worked perfectly this afternoon cycling from work to home.
on xperiax device, no crash, no overheating issues, at least for cycling

poi suggestion, it would be nice editing or deleting poi directly from the poi list with a long press

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by carlosgonz View Post
avatar-waypoint/poi as i promised example. due to the main feature v1.4.0

edit: sailfishos do avatar in gallery.
I presume its "Shell" avatar? Those are trickier to do. Possible, but requires more work, including handling of avatars. Maybe later...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
pure maps v1.4 worked perfectly this afternoon cycling from work to home.
on xperiax device, no crash, no overheating issues, at least for cycling

poi suggestion, it would be nice editing or deleting poi directly from the poi list with a long press
added https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/45

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
@rinigus Incredible job with the app, kudos.

I would have just one suggestion - would you consider leaving some fixed, large enough window for submissions? Designing an icon that would adhere to the name of the app in its purity is not an overnight thing and there are many talented people in this forum. I wanted to contribute myself to the app icon selection, but did not make it to be the first one to submit and it was too late by then.

It would also make sense to handle contributions through pull requests - SVGs are well versionable and people could build upon each other's designs.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post

the files that probably need to be changed are position-direction.svg and the variants for the dark maps (white and magenta). In particular, I often have heard complaints that its hard to see the blue marker on the blue line, and such. So, we need to make it to ensure visibility.

Now, I like Osmo's icons a lot and would be nice to keep the them as a visual identity. So, its some patch on top of them, I guess.

It would probably make sense to start with the blue version only and see where it brings us. The dark version variants can be swapped later.

PS: no rush this time
I definitely would stay with Osmo's icons, they are indeed quite nice. Simpelst way would be to just switch the colour (maybe a darker blue or a nice red). Red would also work for night mode. Or we work with outlined Icons that would also work for different backgrounds. What are your preferences? Shall I just upload something on github?

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
@rinigus Incredible job with the app, kudos.

I would have just one suggestion - would you consider leaving some fixed, large enough window for submissions? Designing an icon that would adhere to the name of the app in its purity is not an overnight thing and there are many talented people in this forum. I wanted to contribute myself to the app icon selection, but did not make it to be the first one to submit and it was too late by then.

It would also make sense to handle contributions through pull requests - SVGs are well versionable and people could build upon each other's designs.
Sorry, if I was to quick with the icon. If you are are more common with SVG I would leave it to you, to rework Osmos Icons. And of course feel free to suggest a better app icon, I don't persist on the used one if there are better ones.