Notices

;sorry I posted twice :-(

Originally Posted by instigator View Post
Star Wars Imperial Type Theme...
That is sweet. I need to get some more icons for my Harley theme.

Originally Posted by Underscore View Post
That has to be the most heavily modded homescreen I've seen, Qwerty. I like it.

Anyways, here are some of my screenshots with the new theme I made, NuvoClear, inspired by Betty Woo's NiceLite2 theme, and based off of NuvoPearl. I give Urho Konttori, the maker of NuvoPearl most of the credit; all I did was some editing. It still needs some work, but it's not exactly finished yet. Here it is if you wanna try it out: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8XK2Z933 (sorry for crappy Megaupload, I didn't know what else to use)
Oooooooooh... prreeeeeeettyy. Very nice. Me? I like Megaupload. I should have thought of that service myself since I actually have an account there

More themes! More themes! More screenshots, too! Whheeeeee.

The Following User Says Thank You to Betty Woo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by Betty Woo View Post
Oooooooooh... prreeeeeeettyy. Very nice. Me? I like Megaupload. I should have thought of that service myself since I actually have an account there

More themes! More themes! More screenshots, too! Whheeeeee.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Methinks I'll make an entirely new theme when I have the time. I'll go for flat, transparent, and simplistic. That's how I like my desktop anyway.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Underscore For This Useful Post:
Me? I'm a minimalist. I like photographs and graphics and I find the icons and doodads too distracting since they tend to be so cartoony and space-hogging.

That's why I'm still hoping that OS2009 will remove the need for large icons on the left side of the screen, will allow more applets to appear on the left (or, at least, let there be a simple arrow down for a 2nd tier of applets to appear onscreen) and someone will come up with a simple applet like SimpleLauncher.

It would also be great is someone could come up with a way to replace current icons with new ones with the same properties as replacement icons used on Macs or Windows machines - without having to go through the root function.

Of course, I guess this makes me sound like a lazy Linuxian so let me claim that title right now: I Am A Proud Lazy Linuxian! (t-shirts will be sold on the way out of the building).

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Missouri, USA
I totally agree with you. Give me an option to edit the size of that sidebar and I'll cut it down by half the size. I'd at least like that option so I can change the icon properties easily.

Also, another gripe: more transparency settings for the interface would be nice. One of the biggest issues I had with making that theme was that the window borders could not have any transparency. That was extremely frustrating. This makes rounded-corner themes almost impossible if you want the "themeless desktop" look. I think I'll just square off the corners if I want to make a similar theme, or improve that one. Again, hate to complain about such petty things, but they bother me. Still, I'm sure such a thing is pretty small on Nokia's to-do list. I'd rather see some major software updates instead.

Ps - thanks, osofast, for uploading my theme to FTP. Here's the new link: http://www.sfu.ca/~gsa7/deb/nuvoClear.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to Underscore For This Useful Post:
Sorry... couldn't resist
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Betty Woo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by Underscore View Post
Give me an option to edit the size of that sidebar and I'll cut it down by half the size.
Who wouldn't?!

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I'll try to see later this week on how to add the background support back to theme maker. (just saying this aloud so that I cannot just push it to the future)

The Following User Says Thank You to konttori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Initial support is now done. So, once I release theme maker later today, you can include the background image in the theme and it will then be available in the set background image dialog window main drop down where the suggested theme backgrounds are anyway. So, just to let you guys know that there is progress. I'll publish the next theme maker very soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to konttori For This Useful Post:

Tags
bora, chinook, desktop, diablo, insane emulation, maemo, maemo 2, maemo 3, maemo 4, picture, pictures, screens getting shot, screenshots