Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
I can’t be sure since I’m not a detective. I just tried to search so that I can msg him too at some point.
When you mention n900, FXtec, PSP at this day and age and some soldering stuff, I kinda assumed it is the same person. Also no reply kinda matches too
If they not only used the alias Trzyzet but also wrote about N900 and soldering etc. then it's obviously much more likely to be the same person.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
It seems Tryzet is gone for good. I assume something bad happened to him. So I have a lot of spare parts for N900 users which I wan't to get rid off 'cause they remind me daily that I made a mistake by sending the boards.

I hope some member could take this burden away from me and host these spare parts for the community. I can send them by mail to a long time dedicated member who is willing to take the torch from me.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
The spare parts includes about 50 bodies but only about 20 with keyboard and some full devices. I will leave a few for me so that I will stick around here.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
To drift off topic I have to again thank Maemish for helping me kick the can down to road of time(about 4 years) trading some niche tomes.
Those N900s lasted just long enough for Mobian to mature to the point where I could use a pinephone as a daily driver. But died in time to force me to move forward for the pinephone and Mobian communities.
The PP doesn't do everything a N900 can but it CAN do many things a N900 can no longer do. Last week I was testing auto resizing on several desktop Linux crypto wallets for bitcoin and monero, I don't think there has been a working N900 bitcoin wallet since BTC was under $100. I can also reliably browse modern websites. I am running the unstable branch and I probably should underclock my RAM as I do have frequent reboots; but I can easily without writing any scripts run encrypted internal emmc and SD card.
As I appreciated my Palm and Handspring PDAs for bringing general purpose computing to my pocket, the Sharp Zaurus for bringing real Linux to the same place, and the N900 for bringing all the features and apps I would expect to a flagship phone along with real Linux, so also I have found another safe harbor in my Pinephone. I will always appreciate the maemo community but know that there is life past broken and static-shocked USB ports and SIM death.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:

Tags
board, community, repair, usb socket