Hi,

I have had an N900 for 5 years now and the screen broke in it, so rather than replace the screen I got a replacement 2nd hand phone. I changed all the settings in the new handset (so far as I can tell) to match my old phone - which was getting roughly 3 days from a full charge.

I had to flash the new phone I bought due to it sticking on the Nokia logo, so I flashed it with Maemo 5 (same as my previous phone). Once I did this, the battery kept dying very quickly, so I bought a brand new battery.

The phone stays reasonably charged all day, however even if I do a full charge before bed, put it on offline mode and set an alarm, the phone is dead in the morning. This doesn't make sense.

I have no widgets, no GPS, nothing running. It's starting to drive me mad. If anyone can help me with this or provide any advice that would be most appreciated!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owenjohnston For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Indonesia
Originally Posted by owenjohnston View Post
Hi,

I have had an N900 for 5 years now and the screen broke in it, so rather than replace the screen I got a replacement 2nd hand phone. I changed all the settings in the new handset (so far as I can tell) to match my old phone - which was getting roughly 3 days from a full charge.

I had to flash the new phone I bought due to it sticking on the Nokia logo, so I flashed it with Maemo 5 (same as my previous phone). Once I did this, the battery kept dying very quickly, so I bought a brand new battery.

The phone stays reasonably charged all day, however even if I do a full charge before bed, put it on offline mode and set an alarm, the phone is dead in the morning. This doesn't make sense.

I have no widgets, no GPS, nothing running. It's starting to drive me mad. If anyone can help me with this or provide any advice that would be most appreciated!
is it feel warm, or hot maybe??
maybe there is circuit short..?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supergaban For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by supergaban View Post
is it feel warm, or hot maybe??
maybe there is circuit short..?
No, I didn't notice any heat from it. I have installed batterygraph but all it will tell me overnight is that for some reason the battery drops more than it does during the day. It just doesn't make sense to me how a 5 year old battery held a charge better than a new one

What's even weirder is I have just downloaded the batterygraph app and run it for 2 hours. for the first hour i was actually using the phone and it didn't have a high usage. I have now left the phone idle for an hour and the CPU usage is full in that hour and the battery dropped from 91% to 63%. This is really strange as I am not running any background programs.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by owenjohnston View Post
What's even weirder is I have just downloaded the batterygraph app and run it for 2 hours. for the first hour i was actually using the phone and it didn't have a high usage. I have now left the phone idle for an hour and the CPU usage is full in that hour and the battery dropped from 91% to 63%. This is really strange as I am not running any background programs.
Install powertop and run it. Post the exact output here. Which kernel are you using? did you install any "enhancement" tools?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
I just did some further digging and what stops this is typing killall browserd in the xterminal.

it's a bug that when i close the browser, browserd just makes the cpu go to 97%

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to owenjohnston For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
facing the same problem since recent updates.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Krakow, POLAND
It can be literally anything. It happened to me when Maemo lastfm scrobbler cache got corrupted and the app was trying to upload it constantly 24/7 draining my battery in matter of hours.

It was enough to run Conky and look at "TOP CPU TIME".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to totalizator For This Useful Post:
browserd is notorious for draining your battery. If you have any adblock installed, uninstall it (its a notorious resource hog)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post: