I've been trying to work out how to get the Nokia to work with the online delicious bookmarks with limited success.

What I was really wanting is some bookmark button like you can get for Firefox or IE. However I've not been able to find anything like that.

The best I've come up with is to add a couple of links from the del.icio.us helpsite. Theres one under Internet Explorer (Manual) - Right click Bookmark on Delicious and click "Add to Favorites".
So I did that (hold the stylus down until the pop-up menu appears then select "Add link to bookmarks" - rename the bookmark to something like "aAdd to delicious" so it appears at the top of your bookmarks.

That works ok but is slow. From any page you want to save, click on the world icon at bottom left then click on your new bookmark (aAdd to delicious, or whatever you called it) and your save page will come up.

Theres also another link at the bottom of that helpsite - Save to "Delicious (Full - Save) will save the current page in full screen mode."

Both links seem to work the same way on the Nokia, using the full window. The problem is they are slow. It seems to pause at loading 3/5 for about 10secs at times.

I was wondering if there was any mobile version that might work faster or if there is a better way of doing this?

----------------------------------------------
Edit:
I found a web based site that is good for viewing del.icio.us bookmarks - mobilicio.us. It also lets you push your bookmarks through the google mobile filter if you add a tag 'mtag'.
I left a message to see if they can allow adding bookmarks from a mobile. Fingers crossed.

Thanks

Last edited by vjones777; 2008-10-04 at 19:19. Reason: Found mobile site

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
I wish microb worked with Netvouz. Really, the devs for it should have anticipated people wanting to use it with del.icio.us and google bookmarks, at the least.

look for the delicious applet it sits in your status bar and works in diablo on my n810

The Following User Says Thank You to prk60091 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by prk60091 View Post
look for the delicious applet it sits in your status bar and works in diablo on my n810
Which repository? or URL?

What features does it have? Does it just do something dumb like take you to your delicious page (in which case, all you need is a regular bookmark to delicious in your bookmarks)? Or does it let you submit the current browser page to your delicious bookmarks?

And, of course, all of this would be moot if Maemo just had a SyncML client that could submit contacts/bookmarks/calendar/tasks/todo to SyncML servers. (well, that, and if delicious and google bookmarks supported hierarchical bookmarks in addition to tags)

The link is here:
http://yerga.net/files/delicious-app....1-1_armel.deb

it sits in the status bar when you are on a page youwant to book mark you highlight the address open up the applet and hit the button - of course you have to set it up first by giving it your signin info really neat thing

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to prk60091 For This Useful Post:
Cool! thanks for the info :-)

why didn't I ever find this app....all my bookmarks are in delicious and I always wanted a way to have them on my 810.

Thanks!

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Well, I didn't upload it to the repository because it's not my application. I did the .deb package and let test it to some friends in jaiku, and after I posted it in the maemo-user mailing list. But well, it's open source, so I will upload it to the extras repository.

And if I didn't do the applet, you would say, who did it? It was from the Maemo Software public svn [1], but they never released it.

[1] https://stage.maemo.org/viewcvs.cgi/...ks/?root=maemo

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
Hi - that is exactly what I am looking for. Is something like this applet also existing for Maemo5? Thank you!