Asteroid OS is a Qt based open source smart watch OS built off a lot of the nemomobile stack and was the basis for the Sailfish OS watch prototype shown at SLUSH last year.

And it looks like we're going to get the opportunity to buy a smart watch with Asteroid OS as standard!

http://connect-watch.com/

This would be the only current commercial offering that actually supports Sailfish OS with a sync client too

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
This would be the only current commercial offering that actually supports Sailfish OS with a sync client too
Looks like i am not up to date. For good
Can you link to the sfos sync client? I only saw kido writing about some alpha state sfos client some weeks ago on asteroid irc.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Winchester, UK
I hadn't seen this! I can get the basics of what the website is saying but my French is extremely limited so if there was an English translation (or someone in this Forum could translate it) I'd be very grateful.

If I can pair this with my SalifishX on Xperia X, I'll almost certainly get one.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jonquark For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
You can have one now
Asteroid OS is ported to some available watches already.
I am using it on lenok since May and it is great!

This post is about a completely new watch by an asteoid os dev!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
You can have one now

Damn. And here I have a spare Motorola 360 (1st Gen) that I'd love to work with...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Winchester, UK
You can have one now

I have an LG G watch I've bought for Asteroid OS (though it doesn't interact well with the JollaC as the BLE support is new/experimental).

I'm going to end up getting the Xperia X which will initially have no Bluetooth support (d'oh)...but if that gets fixed then I'd want to support the development of AsteroidOS (if it connects well to my phone).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jonquark For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Damn. And here I have a spare Motorola 360 (1st Gen) that I'd love to work with...
Well it is only a matter of time. The project is on steroids and added 4 watches to official support this year.
If you want to tinker yourself, #asteroid freenode irc is great. They are very helpfull and even have a bot for Github so you can see your suggestions be added in "realtime"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Well it is only a matter of time. The project is on steroids and added 4 watches to official support this year.
If you want to tinker yourself, #asteroid freenode irc is great. They are very helpfull and even have a bot for Github so you can see your suggestions be added in "realtime"
Lack of pinouts for my Android Wear device.

I doubt that time would be a factor into making this happen. Perhaps a miracle.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Lack of pinouts for my Android Wear device..
Really?
I thought Moto 360 1st gen is exactly listed as being able to be ported on the page i linked.
Only 2nd gen should be impossible because of lack of pinouts according to the listing.
Maybe the page is wrong or the contacts are hidden extremely well or do you have 2nd gen or sport edition?

edit, pins should be hidden below a black sticker on 1st gen according to XDA

Last edited by mosen; 2017-09-01 at 00:26. Reason: added hint for 1st gen

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Really?
I thought Moto 360 1st gen is exactly listed as being able to be ported on the page i linked.
Only 2nd gen should be impossible because of lack of pinouts according to the listing.
Maybe the page is wrong or the contacts are hidden extremely well or do you have 2nd gen or sport edition?

edit, pins should be hidden below a black sticker on 1st gen according to XDA
I was incorrect in my original post - did not edit it. I have a Moto 360 2nd Gen. I forgot that I gave away my 1st Gen.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: