Posts: 38 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Woodbridge, UK
Hi all.

Just like to say I love my N900 even though I've not really had a chance to see what its capabilities are. Did some on line banking yesterday in 3G network and it was faultless Really fast aswell.

Watching movies is brilliant. I have transferred movie files from my PC to the N900 and I found the screen big enough. Some films are a little 'stuttery' though. I have also worked out how to access files from my home server

However to be able to use the phone with a bluetooth headset is a must for me as I am a long distance truck driver in the UK. I am using a Nokia headset but its not completely hands free as it wont prompt me for a contact name to call when I press the button on the headset. So I have to schroll through my contacts Also there's about 7 beeps before connection is made which is really annoying.

My question...does anyone know of any external applications I can install to combat this issue? Also has anyone found a website to watch TV on line without the lagging?

Cheers

Zan

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by zanzibar2 View Post
...However to be able to use the phone with a bluetooth headset is a must for me as I am a long distance truck driver in the UK. I am using a Nokia headset but its not completely hands free as it wont prompt me for a contact name to call when I press the button on the headset. So I have to schroll through my contacts Also there's about 7 beeps before connection is made which is really annoying...
There is NO voice dialing on N900, so phone will never prompt you for the name. This is one missing functionality that I really regret. Hope there will be third party app that will save the day ;-)
About beeps - it is known issue with some Nokia headsets(BH-103, BH-102). It is resolved in PR1.2.. I have BH-103, but due to this problem bought BH-214 which is better and works flawlessly.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Woodbridge, UK
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
There is NO voice dialing on N900, so phone will never prompt you for the name. This is one missing functionality that I really regret. Hope there will be third party app that will save the day ;-)
About beeps - it is known issue with some Nokia headsets(BH-103, BH-102). It is resolved in PR1.2.. I have BH-103, but due to this problem bought BH-214 which is better and works flawlessly.
God thats a real pain in the ***. For reference to those having similar issues I am using a BH-208

Cheers alot Zlatco