Originally Posted by Howie_it View Post
Ran the update. N800 didn't reboot. Manually rebooted it. Checked control panel still shows the old version.
Check Application manager's application details it shows installed version 1:4.2008.30-2 but the status shows Broken.
Help what should I do now????
I just got the same error, my guess would be that u'd need to reflash the nokia with the latest firmware to resolve this although i cant test this would cause till tomorrow afternoon.

Anyone else have any idea on how to fix this problem??

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by yegaoo View Post
Yes, when you made your email app to be automatically updated every x minutes (instead of the manual update) the battery lasted only an hour or so...

But with the update it seems to work just fine, I have retrieved every 5 minutes and I'm running Vagalume... and still no loss of battery!!! (I've been using it for an hour or so)
Thank You for the reply...

OK, Now I am confused...I have not used nor setup any of the tablet email clients....so that ?should? not be it...

Also: connection manager set to always ask. No Autoconnect

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Originally Posted by Kolyan View Post
I just got the same error, my guess would be that u'd need to reflash the nokia with the latest firmware to resolve this although i cant test this would cause till tomorrow afternoon.

Anyone else have any idea on how to fix this problem??
Do you mean going back to 4.2008.23-14? I am really new on this so if you don't mind can you test and post back?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ok, as root, I had to do the mount command
Code:
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock4 /debian
(you might need to mkdir /debian first)

Then I had to use my very newest version of the chroot scripts to chroot in. You need the new version, otherwise you could overwrite important files.

The /home/user/.chroot file needs this:
Code:
IMGFILE=/dev/mtdblock4
IMGFS=jffs2
It will fail to mount the partition, but you've already mounted it manually, and then it works.

I was able to do apt-get -f install in the chroot, and it installed then rebooted automatically... back to my flash partition! Yay!

Note, I cleared some space to get it to finish the install... You'll need to do it too, if you're in this boat.

Update went OK for me while booted from MMC. Also the Fanoush-Super-Multi-Boot-Menu (tm) survived without a problem?

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Brampton, Ontario, Canada
i need to delete some files to make some room. where do i go to make some room?

Originally Posted by NateLikesClaire View Post
i need to delete some files to make some room. where do i go to make some room?
You could remove packages with 'apt-get clean', delete maps from the map application , move stuff from documents to your pc.

I also had to clear out some files, and found that there were a bunch of the original images and media files stored not on the internal memory card but in system memory for some reason. I assume it was all stuff that came with the original installation from the factory.

Anyway, using the file manager it was pretty easy to clear stuff out or move it to SD as I preferred. So check that there aren't pictures or music and such still in your system memory.

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
Hey come on! that's just a hostname. It can be anything.
True! but the software should not name the tablet with the OS version to begin with. And we have to go to bluetooth setting to change the hostname (weird heh?) It is kind of confusing when the OS has ability to update to a newer version! It should just name the tablet simply like "N8x0" instead. My problem was I did not update OS in flash but it was shown the same version as the OS in the mmc where the lasted OS was updated.

Apparently, the version number was updated somewhere in flash and picked up then displayed by both OS versions.

Originally Posted by konttori View Post
Markku: Can you describe how your upgrade is corrupted?

You should be able to fix by running (you need sudo) on xterm:
sudo gainroot
apt-get upgrade
I have done upgrade and Application Manager doesn't show that upgrade anymore so it's ok? Control Panel shows still the old version so that didn't changed. Should that new upgrade show in installed applications? Mine doesn't show anything so I don't know if it's even installed properly! Something went wrong with the SSU upgrade and it is not very good situation thinking about future firmware upgades.

Tags
browser, email, microb, modest, os2008, ssu, stability, update