Active Topics

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
@marxian

I have now used OVP properly during my train trip to work and here's my findings/requests/gripes: (loving the app btw!)

1. While playing a video, if a call comes in and after hanging up, the video starts back from the beginning. (I guess that's related to the meta info issue you are referring to. Hope you can figure this out soon as it can get quite annoying. hehehe.)

2. Is it possible to disable auto-rotation and lock it to landscape during video playback? I would like an option for this as it can get really annoying it constantly changing orientation while I'm carrying it in my hand while walking etc. I rather it be fixed full screen landscape while playing. (even for task switcher thumbnail)

3. Is it possible to make the video names to just always display the "file" name. (it seems to sometimes show some embedded name instead which I don't want. This also happens with default video player)

4. Also, can the video file name auto-scroll sideways (can scroll fairly fast) so I can see the whole thing?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
Btw, I can not see the Nokia Pure video, the screen is black
I can only hear the sound.
I have noticed that with some videos (in particular YouTube videos in 480p). In those cases, I get the following error:

Code:
virtual uchar* QGStreamerGLTextureBuffer::map(QAbstractVideoBuffer::MapMode, int*, int*) bind-frame failed

My website

GitHub

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
@marxian

I have now used OVP properly during my train trip to work and here's my findings/requests/gripes: (loving the app btw!)

1. While playing a video, if a call comes in and after hanging up, the video starts back from the beginning. (I guess that's related to the meta info issue you are referring to. Hope you can figure this out soon as it can get quite annoying. hehehe.)
I'm not sure why it does this. I don't have a sim card in my N950 (the device won't reliably hold a 3g signal), so I haven't tested for this behaviour. I should set the video to pause when a call is received.

2. Is it possible to disable auto-rotation and lock it to landscape during video playback? I would like an option for this as it can get really annoying it constantly changing orientation while I'm carrying it in my hand while walking etc. I rather it be fixed full screen landscape while playing. (even for task switcher thumbnail)
You can lock the orientation to landscape-only, but the setting is applied across the application, rather than to video playback specifically. I can add another setting easily enough.

3. Is it possible to make the video names to just always display the "file" name. (it seems to sometimes show some embedded name instead which I don't want. This also happens with default video player)
I use the title that is reported by the tracker. I can change it to use the filename.

4. Also, can the video file name auto-scroll sideways (can scroll fairly fast) so I can see the whole thing?
I'm not sure about doing this for all videos in the list simultaneously. Having said that, there are only a few delegates instantiated at any one time, so it shouldn't be too bad. I can set it so the animation only takes place when the view is stationary, so it won't affect scrolling performance.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
do i need to install anything else for this to work? i am not seeing anything on the screen when a video is playing, audio is fine.

EDIT: OVP can play the other video that came with the device (the dolby soundscapes clip) but not the nokia pure video

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
I have all my videos on dlna server. N900 could play them, N9 not

Nokia (or someone else) should do DLNA support for N9 also.

The Following User Says Thank You to Metsämies For This Useful Post:
Does it support WebM?

Geez i wish there were more devs like Marxian. Seems like damn Nokia always gets the best devs damnit!! come make some money on Android and WP7 Marxian!!!

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
Geez i wish there were more devs like Marxian. Seems like damn Nokia always gets the best devs damnit!! come make some money on Android and WP7 Marxian!!!
There's no official port of Qt on either of those platforms.
And seriously, Qt beats those SDKs to the bone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nokia 5700 For This Useful Post:
I doubt a guy like Marxian NEEDS Qt although it is awesome. C# is simple enough that is an assumption though

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney

Tags
more features, video player