Notices

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
When I looked at my subscription to QtStudios, I noticed this neat little video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZrGWKXdjkg
It's a media center written with/in Qt and QML. I believe, from the description, that it's based on the XBMC core, but the difference is that this one uses pure Qt. It's cross-compatible, which makes it excellent for porting to the N900. It uses .qml files for skins, which makes it easy to make a good skin for any screen.
The main goal of this thread is to get a working QML-theme on the N900, so we can enjoy a real media center experience, with full hardware acceleration. (Yup, this media center utilizes the SGX. )
The obstacle? To rewrite or figure out which depencies are needed to make it run, with or without modifications to the themes.
Let the tapping begin!

Log:
[FIXED] - Problems with compiling the parts about orientation.
[MILESTONE] Compilation succeeded! Now, I'll just wrap it up into a more managable state, and see how it runs on the N900. (It generated a couple of libraries and some more.)
This will be the most exciting part. But I'll have to do some modifications to the existing script it generated in order to run it seamlessly. You can possibly expect a package sometime today if it works.
Okay, I need to find out how to set skins. Apart from that, it launches without errors. The executable is compatible with the hardware.
-Problem with QML: it uses Qt Components or some special QML components by these libraries.
This problem is pretty hard to deal with. The whole GUI is written in QML, and it uses lots of experimental plugins, as far as QML Particles. Possibly made for MeeGo. It could mean that a rewrite of the themes is necessary. We've got a pretty neat engine here, though. It's a hardware accelerated media center backend.

Help with the QML part would be greatly appreciated. This is a tarball of the whole program ++.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9280885/QtMediaHub.tar.gz
Just a note about the folder structure: the skins folder has to be two folders below the executable. I've set up the archive this way, so it's just to start hacking the .qml files and run the QMH-script. (The executable looks for ../../skins folder. Don't know how to change it or any alternatives.)

There are also multiple addons to this application. You can find them on Gitorious:
http://gitorious.org/qtmediahub
Among them, is something called AppStore. Sounds interesting. Also a TerminalMode application for the media center. I've included the NokiaMaps app in this package, because it doesn't need compiling. The others are messy to compile, and you're required to do every kind of sorcery to make it work.

Last edited by Nokia 5700; 2011-10-01 at 14:05.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nokia 5700 For This Useful Post:
I would love to hear about any progress made with this! I am afraid I cant do anything to assist the development but if you ever need someone to give it a test run let me know!

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Well, I'm too busy nowadays to work with this. All we need is someone who is experienced with QML and the experimental objects like AVideo and Particles, and possibly replace these to make a version that is compatible with most N900s.

Optionally, I could build these modules specifically for this program, if I ever manage to get a version of Qt with private headers for armel...
If that was possible, this program would run like a treat without a single modification to the .qml files.
But, yeah. Depends if I ever get some private headers/a compiled version of Qt 4.7.4 for armel. (Not talking about full binaries, because they don't include private headers, which are essential for compiling experimental, bleeding-edge Qt modules.)