Active Topics

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Phoenix, Arizona
On the new update you say JoikuSpot doesn't work. Just do the old fix and it will work again.

in xterm:
cp /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko /home/user/

sudo gainroot

rm /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko

cp /lib/modules/current/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/

Reboot and it will work.

The Following User Says Thank You to jbscurtis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Hey, because I have a good day today, I did figure out what (I think) your problem is:
Look in the Backupmenu-Multiboot thread (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...708#post911708).

In post #8 (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=911708&postcount=8) it is recommended to do:

# apt-get install kernel-power-bootimg
# apt-get install --reinstall multiboot-kernel-power

You've done step 1, but (apparently) not step 2. Executing the second line should (hopefully) reconfigure multiboot.

NOW, if after that you're N900 gets a boot loop or explodes or becomes an iPhone, it's non of my business. I still recommend you read on multiboot or whatever it is you're using. Takes time but you learn a lot.
thanks again buddy.. i solve it by reflashing my phone and i didnt install multiboot.. im running now at kp49 at dsp profile and it seems so for so good.. but in media sometimes shows unable to play blah blah...

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
@freemangordon
May you rate my custom profile? I apparently suck at doing that and nearly killed my N900 in my last puny attempt to build a custom profile but I feel that I've hit some sweet spot this time.

Code:
current kernel configuration:
current frequency: 900
supported frequencies: 125 250 500 550 600 720 805 850 900 950 1000 1100 1150 
min. frequency: 250
max. frequency: 900
avoid frequencies: 125 550 600 805 850 950 1000 1100 1150 
active frequencies: 250:24,180 500:30,360 720:46,580 900:55,600 
SmartReflex VDD1=1, VDD2=1
governor ondemand: ignore nice load= 0, up threshold= 65, sampling rate= 300000, powersave bias= 0
Everything is super sweet. HD encoding/decoding, cameraui2 are all flawless.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Hi all,

i have a problem,
when i install kernel-power49 i get kernel panic meditation error when i want to boot to the stock one,
i can only boot in kernel power but not the stock nokia,

i am using multiboot for the record,

can someone explain me how to get the stock kernel working with multiboot??

thanks

sir im new here in the maemo worl..please help me step by step how can i re configure my kernel i dont know how to re configure it thankyou hoping for your kind souls..please help me.
im using kernel power v42 right know how can i uprage it to v49 please help....

Last edited by arkitecto; 2011-11-24 at 06:20.

Originally Posted by arkitecto View Post
sir im new here in the maemo worl..please help me step by step how can i re configure my kernel i dont know how to re configure it thankyou hoping for your kind souls..please help me.
im using kernel power v42 right know how can i uprage it to v49 please help....
(1) Go to Application Manager and enable the Extra-Devel. repo

(2) Update your Linux kernel for power user and also the one that has (settings and overclock) in it. After installation, then reboot.

(3)After reboot, open the xterminal and type uname -r
If the new kernel is successfully installed you should see something like this 2.6.28.10-power49

Get to that stage first. Also i hope you have already installed "Rootsh" application in your system, if not install that.

Originally Posted by jbscurtis View Post
On the new update you say JoikuSpot doesn't work. Just do the old fix and it will work again.

in xterm:
cp /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko /home/user/

sudo gainroot

rm /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko

cp /lib/modules/current/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/

Reboot and it will work.
Jbscurtis, do I have to make this procedure everytime I will use the JoikuSpot?
Tks.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Originally Posted by rrivello View Post
Jbscurtis, do I have to make this procedure everytime I will use the JoikuSpot?
Tks.
No. Just once.

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
I have been using kernel power since v47, and I must say I'm very impressed by all it can do, and above all how stable it is. I've never had a problem (knock on wood). Big thanks to pali and all who contribute to it!

One thing I've wanted to do - and I'm not sure whether this is actually the right place to ask about it, so apologies if not - is to add a row of buttons to the status menu for fast switching between the different kernel-config presets. As it is I just go into xterm and dial up the corresponding cached entry, but having the presets available in status would unarguably be faster and swifter.

I was sure I had read about something similar somewhere on this forum before, but I just can't find it again. I would think "/etc/hildon-desktop/status-menu.plugins" would have to be edited for this purpose, correct?

Two further tweaks could be to bring up the yellow ribbon to display the xterm output - so that you know the preset was loaded ok - and for the preset button you have picked to remain in a visually selected state until you pick another, so you can always see in the status menu which of your presets you're currently running. But how to go about that, I have no clue.

I'd appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction!

Edit: I've figured out I could achieve this with the quick-launch package if I create desktop shortcuts for the kernel presets I want to switch between in /usr/share/applications/hildon. The only problem now is how the shortcuts should be set up. I'm not sure what the proper way to run xterm commands in desktop-files is. Maybe something like this?

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=KP DSP
GenericName=Set kernel preset "DSP"
Icon=kpdsp
Exec=osso-xterm "sudo kernel-config load dsp"
Type=Application
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
X-HildonDesk-ShowInToolbar=false
Terminal=true
NoDisplay=true
StartupNotify=true
Hmmm, almost there... It gives the desired end-result, but it brings up the xterm window and then closes it down again. I want the result provided by the yellow ribbon. Does anyone care to tweak my desktop file?

Last edited by bocephus; 2011-11-27 at 11:53.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Does it have to reside in the status area? Otherwise, check "cmd-shortcuts" or QBW.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou