Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by carlosgonz View Post
ok, any plans to fix that conflict?
carlosgonz, not on my side . You see, this list is not mine and is provided as-is by Foursquare. Unless I missed it, Spanish is not supported (which is odd). You could maybe look and see whether you could ask them for Spanish support.

OSM Scout should support Spanish as well as many other languages. But results don't have as much info.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
rinigus we already talked on seach-pageS it need be redesigned.
we need find a solution of foursquare-api because not look professional.
so search-option and search_nearby-option need be revamped.
drop apis conflicting or blacklisting part conflicting.
the environment of sailfish have lot options to get pure maps more faster and attractive. not only new pages to put configs. i like the use of icons to get options it more atractive, it reduce translate and conflicts, also optimize the app.
i just saying...

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2018-10-06 at 17:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
rinigus we already talked on seach-pageS it need be redesigned.
we need find a solution of this because not look professional.
so search-option and search_nearby-option need be revamped.
drop apis conflicting or blacklisting part conflicting.
the environment of sailfish have lot options to get pure maps more faster and comfort.
i just saying...
Yes, we did exchange few notes and I asked to initiate the discussion over here. So, I am open to suggestions. These searches are different, but maybe not in the heads of the users (I am a "contaminated" user by writing it, if you know what I mean).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Yes, we did exchange few notes and I asked to initiate the discussion over here. So, I am open to suggestions. These searches are different, but maybe not in the heads of the users (I am a "contaminated" user by writing it, if you know what I mean).
take it easy, everything is fine. i put the beers, you put the code .
i want to hear other pure maps user what they think about the status of search option.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
take it easy, everything is fine. i put the beers, you put the code .
i want to hear other pure maps user what they think about the status of search option.
carlosgonz, I do take it easy. I am sure that you want the best and there is no problem with suggesting changes. So, there is nothing to get uneasy about. I would be interested in more specific design suggestions, but I guess that's what we initiate here.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Just discovered, that rinigus found alternative donation possibillities. Donations are possible via paypal or bitcoin now. Just have a look in the about page of Pure Maps on openrepos.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
The last release is all about updating the translations, thanks for all involved in it!

We have few technical questions raised in this thread, but left without reply.

@pichlo has asked for help (https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=213), but nobody responded, to my knowledge. So, if you have J1 and have issues with Pure Maps hanging on exit, please try to help with the debugging it. Feel free to use my email if you wish, get through PM if you don't have it yet.

I wonder if anyone has tried Mapbox QML plugin with SSL locks, as described in https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=225 . I have not had any hanging of Pure Maps on exit while using this version (from Sept 23). If you do experience problems with starting Pure Maps, it could be a bugfix.

PS: @Fellfrosch, thank you for noticing!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Never had any troubles with Pure hanging or crash. And J1.

Only problem was after Nurmonjoki update, with gps but "mal" helped to solve that... something with sailfish options not saved or not... That was not only with Pure but all gps related programs...

Good job! Keep going!

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Last edited by catbus; 2018-10-08 at 20:15. Reason: Typos etc...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Hello, big thanks for the "Follow me" mode !

A few random suggestions, if they happen to inspire you :

- Automatic adjusting of the scale, based on vehicle speed and/or type of road and/or distance to next turn/exit/merge.
In city, being able to see close street-crossing details is helpful, whereas on high speed highways, being able to see further down the road is useful.
After-market satnavs (like Tomtom, Garmin) tend to do something along these line, which is useful given that there's no way to quickly change scaling using some on-steering-wheel command (unlike in-car built-in satnav, which could use the on-steering-wheel mouse-wheel-like selector).

- Signaling when speed exceeds more than 5mh/h above speed limits (e.g.: by have a solid-dark- or pulsating- red background behind the speed indicator)

- As discussed by others some time ago : announcing speed limitation change down the path (either along the routing, or further down the same street/highway in "follow me" mode)
Gamin have a "In 250m, speed limitation changes to 100km/h" warning pop-up top bar (basically the same type of display as routing instructions)

- mini cosmetic change : Street sign colour.
Currently, the colour of street sign is hardcoded (they show blue on the highway, like in France). But that actually varies by country (Switzerland and Germany have it swapped and use green on highway instead).
Do you think it would be possible to extract this information from somewhere ?
(I can send you an XML ripped from my satnav if it's of any help. But obviously it couldn't be used directly due to copyrights).

- random ideas to make instructions clearer :
-on Navteq in-car, the display goes into split screen. Next to the regular perspective few, there is a top down view zoomed on the exit, round-about, etc.
- on Tomtom satnavs, the screen is replaced by a cartoon showing the signs and underneath a plan of the path that needs to be taken
(Garmin Drive Assist uses a combo of stored photos and live-feed from the dash-cam to show the exact actual exit)
The latter isn't currently possible, but if the former two inspire you.

- heavy visual change : fish-eye perspective
Currently, perspective is done by tilting the rendering plane. ie.: the tiles are rendered along a grid reminiscent of 80s design. Would it be possible to instead render them on a distorted grid (think of the Blue Sphere bonus levels in Sonic 16 bits games). That would increase the render distance on distant parts, without decreasing the size of closer elements.
That might be a bit more difficult to achieve.

- easter egg : if stellarium is installed, have it render the actual real-time sky-sphere :-D
ok, just joking for that one.

- hardware note : I've bought and tested an OBD bluetooth dongle with obdfish.
Fun fact, the speed reported on the OBD bus is the true speed (very close to what the GPS detects) and not the "+5km/h faster to avoid getting sued in case of underestimating"
But it seems usable for out-of-satellite sight.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
- Signaling when speed exceeds more than 5mh/h above speed limits
At least one commercial satnav I used (iGO) had that, but dynamic with three(!) settings, expressed in % tolerance.
So I had:
0% at 0-30 mph (to avoid troubles in built-up areas)
20% at 30-60 mph (allows up to 72 mph at the top of the range)
30% (maximum allowed) at >60 mph (motorways etc)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: